克里希那穆提教育论坛's Archiver

Sue 发表于 2011-2-19 02:42

虚伪

Question: You rightly condemn a hypocritical attitude of mind and such feelings and actions as are born from it. But since you say that you do not judge us, but somehow seem to regard the attitude of some of us as hypocritical, can you say what it is that gives you such an impression?

问:你明确谴责头脑的虚伪态度以及从中产生的这种感情和行为。但是因为你说你不评判我们,而你似乎在某种程度上认为我们中某些人的态度是虚伪的,所以你能否说说是什么给你留下了这样一种印象?

Krishnamurti: Very simple. You talk about brotherhood, and yet you are nationalists. I call that hypocrisy, because nationalism and brotherhood cannot exist together. Again, you talk about the unity of man, talk about it theoretically, and yet you have your particular religions, your particular prejudices, your class distinctions. I call that hypocrisy. Or again, you turn to self-glorification, subtle self-glorification, instead of what you call the gross self-glorification of the men of the world who seek distinctions, concessions, government honours. You also are men of the world, and your self-glorification is just the same, only a little more subtle. You, with your distinctions, your secret meetings, your exclusiveness, are also trying to become nobles, to attain honours and degrees, but in a different world. That I call hypocrisy. It is hypocrisy because you pretend to be open, you speak of the brotherhood and the unity of man, while at the same time your acts are quite the opposite of your words.

克:事情很简单。你们谈论兄弟之爱,然而你们却是民族主义者。我说那是虚伪,因为民族主义和兄弟之爱无法共存。同样,你们谈论人类的统一,从理论上谈论这个问题,然而你们却有自己特定的宗教、特定的偏见和阶级分别。我说那是虚伪。又或者,你转向自我颂扬,巧妙的自我颂扬,而不是你称之为世俗之人庸俗的自我颂扬,他们追求奖赏、认可与政府的赞誉。你们也是世俗之人,而你们的自我颂扬也没什么两样,只是更加微妙一些。你们带着你们的分别、你们的密会、你们的排外,也在试图变成贵族,试图得到荣誉和地位,只是在另一个圈子里进行着而已。我说那是虚伪。那是虚伪,因为你们假装开放,你们谈论兄弟之爱和人类的统一,而与此同时你们的行为与你们嘴上说的恰恰相反。

Whether you do this consciously or unconsciously is of no importance. The fact is that you do it. If you do it consciously, with fully awakened interest, then, at least, you are doing it without hypocrisy. Then you know what you are doing. If you say, "I want to glorify myself, but since I cannot attain distinctions and honours in this world, I shall try to acquire them in another; I shall become a disciple, I shall be called this and that, I shall be honoured as a man of quality, a man of virtue", then, at least, you are perfectly honest. Then there is some hope that you will find out that this process leads nowhere.

无论你是有意地还是无意地这样做,都不重要。事实是你确实这么做了。如果你有意识地这么做,对自己的兴趣有完全清醒的意识,那么至少你做得不虚伪。所以你知道你在做什么。如果你说:“我想美化自己,但是由于我在这个世界上无法获得奖赏和荣誉,我就试着到另一个圈子里去获取这些;我要成为一名信徒,我要这样和那样的称号,我要被尊称为具有优秀品质和美德的人”,那么至少你是彻底诚实的。那么你就有希望发现这个过程是没有任何结果的。

But now you are trying to do two incompatible things at one time. You are possessive, and at the same time you talk about freedom from possession. You talk about tolerance, and yet you are becoming more and more exclusive in order "to help the world." Words, words, without depth. That is what I call hypocrisy. At one moment you talk of love for a Master, of reverence for an ideal, for a belief, for a God, and yet in the next moment you act with appalling cruelty. Your acts are acts of exploitation, possessiveness, nationalism, ill-treatment of women and children, cruelty to animals. To all this you are insensitive, yet you talk of affection. Is that not hypocrisy? You say, "We don't notice these conditions." Yes, that is just why they exist. Then why talk of love?

但是现在你想同时做两件互不相容的事情。你占有欲强,同时你又在谈论从占有欲中解脱。你谈论宽容,然而你却变得越来越排外,以期“帮助整个世界”。这些都是语言,没有深度的语言。这就是我所说的虚伪。你这一刻在谈论对大师的爱、对理想、对信念、对神的尊崇,而下一刻你的行为又骇人地残酷。你们的行为是剥削、占有以及民族主义的行为,是虐待妇孺、残杀动物的行为。你对这一切都不敏感,然而你却谈论慈悲。那难道不是虚伪吗?你说:“我们没有注意到这些状况。”是的,那正是它们得以存在的原因。那么为什么还要谈论爱呢?

So to me, your societies, your meetings in which you talk of your beliefs, ideals, are gatherings of hypocrisy. Isn't that so? I am not speaking harshly, on the contrary; you know what I feel about the state of the world. Yet you who can help, you who say that you want to help, you who are trying to help, are becoming more and more narrow, more and more bigoted, sectarian. You have ceased to cry, to weep, to smile. Emotion means nothing to you. You are concerned only with ceaseless gain, gain of knowledge which is suffocating, which is merely theoretical, which is blind emptiness. Knowledge has nothing to do with wisdom. Wisdom cannot be bought; it is natural, spontaneous, free. It is not merchandise that you can buy from your guru, teacher, at the price of discipline. Wisdom, I say, has nothing to do with knowledge. Yet you search for knowledge, and in that search for knowledge, for gain, you are losing love, all sense of feeling for beauty, all sensitivity to cruelty. You are becoming less and less impressionable.

所以对我来说,你们在其中谈论你们的信仰和理想的社团和集会,是虚伪的集会。难道不是这样吗?我这么说不是刻薄,正相反,你们知道我对于这个世界的状况有着怎样的感受。你们本可以有所帮助,你们说你们想要提供帮助、你们试图去帮助,可是你们变得越来越狭隘,越来越偏执,派系四起。你们已经停止了呐喊、哭泣和欢笑。情感对你们来说毫无意义。你们只关心不停地去获取,获取知识,而知识令人窒息,它们只不过是理论上的东西,是盲目的空虚。知识与智慧毫无关系。智慧是买不到的,它是自然的、自发的、免费的。它不是你可以从你的古鲁和导师那里用训练的价钱能买到的商品。我说,智慧与知识无关。然而你追求知识,在那个追求知识和获益的过程中,你失去了爱,失去了所有对美的感受、所有对残忍的敏感。你变得越来越麻木不仁。

That brings us to another question which we shall perhaps discuss later, the question of impressions and reactions. You are emphasizing ego consciousness, limitation. When you say, "I am doing this because I like it, because it gives me satisfaction, pleasure", I am entirely with you, for then you will understand. But if you say, "I am seeking truth; I am trying to help mankind", and if at the same time you increase your self-consciousness, your glory, then I call your attitude and your life a hypocrisy because you are seeking power through exploiting others.

这也给我们带来了另一个问题——印象和反应的问题,我们也许稍后会讨论这个问题。你们在加强自我意识和局限。当你说:“我做这件事,是因为我喜欢它,因为它能带给我满足和快乐”,那么我是完全支持你的,因为这样你就能有所了解。但是如果你说:“我在追求真理,我想帮助人类”,而如果你同时在增强你的自我意识和荣耀感,那么我就会说你的态度和你的生活是虚伪的,因为你在通过剥削别人来获取权力。

页: [1]