克里希那穆提教育论坛's Archiver

Sue 发表于 2011-3-2 12:37

Daily Quotes 每日引用 2

Man has divided the earth
人类分割了地球
It is our earth, not yours or mine of his. We are meant to live on it, helping each other, not destroying each other. This is not some romantic nonsense but the actual fact. But man has divided the earth, hoping thereby that in the particular he is going to find happiness, security, a sense of abiding comfort. Until a radical change takes place and we wipe out all nationalities, all ideologies, all religious divisions, and establish a global relationship—psychologically first, inwardly, before organizing the outer—we shall go on with wars. If you harm others, if you kill others, whether in anger or by organized murder which is called war, you—who are the rest of humanity, not a separate human being fighting the rest of mankind—are destroying yourself.
地球是我们的,而不是你的、我的或者他的。我们生活在这个地球上,是要互相帮助的,而不是互相毁灭。这不是什么浪漫的胡言乱语,而是真切的事实。但是人类分割了地球,希望因此能以特别的方式找到自己的幸福、安全和持久的舒适感。我们会将战争继续下去,直到某种剧变发生,我们才会消除所有国家、所有意识形态、所有宗教划分,并建立起覆盖全世界的友谊——建立外在的组织之前,首先建立起心理上的、内在的友谊。如果你伤害别人,如果你杀害别人,无论是出于愤怒,还是假手于有组织的谋杀,即战争,那么你——你就是其他人类,而不是一个分离的人在与其他人类交战——正在摧毁你自己。

Crisis in consciousness
意识中的危机
We are facing a tremendous crisis; a crisis which the politicians can never solve because they are programmed to think in a particular way—nor can the scientists understand or solve the crisis; nor yet the business world, the world of money. The turning point, the perceptive decision, the challenge, is not in politics, in religion, in the scientific world; it is in our consciousness. One has to understand the consciousness of mankind, which has brought us to this point.
我们正面临着一场严重的危机;政客们永远无法解决这场危机,因为他们程式化地按照某种特定的方式进行思考,科学家们也不能理解或者解决这场危机,商界、金钱的世界也做不到。转折点,敏锐智慧的决定和挑战,不在政治中,不在宗教里,也不在科学界,而是在我们的意识之中。你必须了解人类的意识,是它把我们带到了这一步。

What can I do?
我能怎么办?
And we are responsible. Don’t fool yourself by saying, “What can I do? What can I, an individual, living a shoddy little life, with all its confusion and ignorance, what can I do?” Ignorance exists only when you don’t know yourself. Self-knowing is wisdom. You may be ignorant of all the books in the world (and I hope you are), of all the latest theories, but that is not ignorance. Not knowing oneself deeply, profoundly, is ignorance; and you cannot know yourself if you cannot look at yourself, see yourself actually as you are, without any distortion, without any wish to change.
而我们是有责任的。不要愚弄你自己,说:“我能怎么办呢?作为一个个体,过着鄙陋琐碎的生活,带着一大堆困惑和愚昧,我能怎么办呢?”只有当你不了解自己的时候,愚昧才会存在。自我了解就是智慧。你也许对世界上所有的书籍都一无所知(而我希望你正是如此),对所有最新的理论都一无所知,但那不是愚昧。没有深入地、深刻地了解自己,这是愚昧;而如果你不能如实观察自己、如实看到自己,没有任何扭曲、没有任何想要改变的愿望,那么你就无法了解自己。

Tackle the problem on a small scale
小范围内解决问题
In a world of vast organizations, vast mobilizations of people, mass movements, we are afraid to act on a small scale; we are afraid to be little people clearing up our own patch. We say to ourselves, “What can I personally do? I must join a mass movement in order to reform.” On the contrary, real revolution takes place not through mass movement but through the inward revolution of relationship—that alone is real reformation, a radical, continuous revolution. We are afraid to begin on a small scale. Because the problem is so vast, we think we must meet it with large numbers of people, with a great organization, with mass movements. Surely, we must begin to tackle the problem on a small scale, and the small scale in the “me” and the “you”. When I understand myself, I understand you, and out of that understanding comes love.
世界上有着无数庞大的组织,庞大的人群被动员起来,进行着各种群众运动,在这样一个世界上,我们害怕在小范围内行动;我们害怕成为只收拾自己那点琐碎事务的小人物。我们对自己说:“我个人能做什么?我必须加入群众运动才能进行改革。”恰恰相反,真正的革命并非通过群众运动发生,而是通过关系中的内在革命发生——那本身就是真正的变革,是彻底而持久的革命。我们害怕从小范围内开始。因为问题是如此巨大,我们以为我们必须用庞大的人群、庞大的组织以及群众运动来面对问题。可以十分肯定地说,我们必须从小范围内解决问题,这个小范围就是“我”和“你”。当我了解了自己,我就了解了你,从那了解中就诞生了爱。

To live is to be related
生活就是关系
The understanding of oneself does not come through the process of withdrawal from society or through retirement into an ivory tower. If you and I really go into the matter carefully and intelligently, we will see that we can understand ourselves only in relationship and not in isolation. Nobody can live in isolation. To live is to be related. It is only in the mirror of relationship that I understand myself, which means that I must be extraordinarily alert in my thoughts, feelings, and actions in relationship. This is not a difficult process or a superhuman endeavour; and as with all rivers, while the source is hardly perceptible, the waters gather momentum as they move, as they deepen. In this mad and chaotic world, if you go into this process advisedly, with care, with patience, without condemning, you will see how it begins to gather momentum and that it is not a matter of time.
一个人对自己的了解,并非通过脱离社会的过程实现,也不能通过隐居到象牙塔中来进行。如果你我真的能够细致地、智慧地深入探索这个问题,我们就会看到,我们只能在关系中而不是在孤立中了解自己。没有人能孤立地生活。生活就是关系。只有在关系的镜子里,我才能了解自己,那意味着,我必须在关系中对我的思想、感受和行动分外警觉。这不是一个困难的过程,也不是什么超凡的努力,而是像所有的河流那样,虽然几乎都找不到源头,但当河水流动并变深的时候,它们就积聚了动力。在这个疯狂而又混乱的世界上,如果你审慎地深入这个过程之中,带着细致和耐心,没有谴责,你就会看到动力是如何开始积聚的,而这又不是一个时间上的问题。

Neither renunciation nor acquiescence
既不是抛弃,也不是默许
To understand oneself profoundly, one needs balance. That is, one cannot abandon the world, hoping to understand oneself, or be so tangled in the world that there is no occasion to comprehend oneself. There must be balance, neither renunciation nor acquiescence.
人若要深入地了解自己,就需要平衡。也就是说,人不能寄希望于用弃世的办法来了解自己,也不能深深纠缠在这个世界中,以至于连了解自己的机会都没有。必须要有平衡,既不是抛弃,也不是默许。

Relationship as a means of escape
关系成为逃避的手段
Relationship has true significance only when it is a process of self-revelation, when it is revealing oneself in the very action of relationship. But most of us do not want to be revealed in relationship. On the contrary, we use relationship as a means of covering up our own insufficiency, our own troubles, our own uncertainty. So relationship becomes mere movement, mere activity. I do not know if you have noticed that relationship is very painful, and that as long as it is not a revealing process, in which you are discovering yourself, relationship is merely a means of escape from yourself.
只有当关系是自我展现的过程,关系中的行动本身揭示出自己,关系才具有真正的意义。但是我们大多数人不想在关系中显露自己。相反,我们把关系当作一种手段,用来掩盖我们自己的不足、困境和不确定感。所以关系仅仅变成了活动和行为。我不知道你是否注意到关系中充满痛苦,而只要它不是一个展现过程,你在那个过程中发现自己,那么关系就只不过是你逃避自己的一种手段。

Changing your relationship
改变你的关系
To live is to be related. So I have got to understand it and I have got to change it. I have to find out how to bring about a radical change in my relationship, because, after all, that produces wars; that is what is happening in this country between the Pakistanis and the Hindus, between the Muslim and the Hindu, between the Arab and the Jew. So there is no way out through the temple, through the mosque, through Christian churches, through discussing Vedanta, this and that and the other different systems. There is no way out unless you, as a human being, radically change your relationship.
生活就是关系。所以我必须了解它,我必须改变它。我必须发现如何才能给我的关系带来一场彻底的改变,因为,毕竟,是关系导致了战争;那就是这个国家中发生着的事情,在巴基斯坦人和印度人、穆斯林和印度教徒、阿拉伯人和犹太人之间发生着的事情。所以,借助庙宇、清真寺和天主教堂,通过探讨《吠檀多》、这个和那个以及其他各种体系,是没有出路的。根本没有出路,除非你,作为一个人,彻底地改变你的关系。
Now the problem arises: How am I to change, not abstractly, the relationship that is now based on self-centred pursuits and pleasures?   
那么问题产生了:现在的关系构建在自我中心的追求和快乐之上,我要如何改变这种关系,而不只是从理论上说说?

Self-knowledge through relationship
通过关系了解自己
Self-knowledge is not according to any formula. You may go to a psychologist or a psychoanalyst to find out about yourself, but that is not self-knowledge. Self-knowledge comes into being when we are aware of ourselves in relationship, which shows what we are from moment to moment. Relationship is a mirror in which to see ourselves as we actually are. But most of us are incapable of looking at ourselves as we are in relationship, because we immediately begin to condemn or justify what we see. We judge, we evaluate, we compare, we deny or accept, but we never observe actually ‘what is’, and for most people this seems to be the most difficult thing to do; yet this alone is the beginning of self-knowledge.
自我了解不能通过任何模式来进行。你可以去找心理学家或者心理分析师帮你发现自己,但那不是自我了解。当我们在关系中觉察自己,一刻接一刻揭示出我们真实的样子,自我了解才能出现。关系是一面镜子,我们从中看到我们真实的样子。但是我们大多数人在关系之中并不能看到自己,因为我们立即开始谴责或者维护我们看到的东西。我们判断,我们评估,我们比较,我们拒绝或者接受,但是我们从未如实观察“现状”,对于大多数人来说,做到这点,似乎是最困难的事情;但这本身就是自我了解的开始。

Relationship is the mirror
关系是镜子
Relationship is the mirror in which we can see ourselves as we are. All life is a movement in relationship. There is no living thing on earth which is not related to something or other. Even the hermit, a man who goes off to a lonely spot, is related to the past, is related to those who are around him. There is no escape from relationship. In that relationship which is the mirror in which we can see ourselves, we can discover what we are, our reactions, our prejudices, our fears, depression, anxieties, loneliness, sorrow, pain, grief. We can also discover whether we love or there is no such thing as love. So we will examine the question of relationship because that is the basis of love.
关系是面镜子,我们从中看到我们真实的样子。整个生活是关系中的运动。地球上没有哪个活着的东西与别的东西或者别人是没有关系的。即使是隐士,离群索居的人,也与过去有关,与他周围的一切有关。关系让你无处可逃。在关系这面镜子中,我们可以看到自己,发现我们实际的样子,我们的反应、我们的偏见、我们的恐惧、沮丧、焦虑、孤独、悲伤、痛苦和忧虑。我们也可以发现我们是否有爱,抑或没有爱这种东西。所以我们要探究关系这个问题,因为那是爱的基础。

页: [1]