克里希那穆提教育论坛's Archiver

Sue 发表于 2011-4-21 00:03

Daily Quotes 每日引用 3

The search for security
对安全的追寻
Throughout the world human beings are always seeking security, both physiological and psychological. Physical security is denied when psychological security—which does not really exist—is sought in various forms of illusion and in divisive beliefs, dogmas, religious sanctions and so on. When there are these psychological divisions, there must inevitably be physiological division with all its conflicts, wars, and the suffering and the tragedy and the inhumanity of man to man.
全世界的人类始终都在追求安全,不仅仅是生理上的安全,还有心理上的安全。当人们从各种形式的幻象和分裂的信仰、教条、宗教约束等等之中寻找心理安全时——而心理上的安全实际上并不存在,那么身体上的安全就被否定了。当心理上存在这些划分时,就必然会存在生理上的划分,所有的冲突、战争、苦难和悲剧,以及人与人之间的残忍行为都会随之而来。
The Wholeness of Life,  p150
《生命的整体》,第150页

Is there security in any relationship?
安全存在于任何关系之中吗?
Psychologically, in our relationship with ideas, people and things, we want security, but is there security at all, in any relationship? Obviously there is not. Wanting security psychologically is to deny outward security. If I want to be secure psychologically as a Hindu, with all the traditions, superstitions and ideas, I identify myself with the larger unit which gives me great comfort. So I worship the flag, the nation, the tribe and separate myself from the rest of the world. And this division obviously brings about insecurity physically. When I worship the nation, the customs, the religious dogmas, the superstitions, I separate myself within these categories and then obviously I must deny physical security for everybody else. The mind seeks physical security, which is denied when it seeks psychological security.
在心理层面,在我们与观念、人们和事物之间的关系之中,我们想要安全感,但是关系之中究竟有任何安全可言吗?显然没有。想要心理安全,就是在否定外在的安全。如果我作为一个印度教徒,有着所有的传统、迷信和观念,如果我在心理上想要安全,我会将自己与带给我巨大安慰的更大的群体相认同。所以我膜拜旗帜、民族和部落,将自己与外面的世界分离开来。而这种分裂显然会带来身体上的不安全。当我膜拜民族、传统、宗教信条和迷信,我就把自己分隔在了这些范畴之内,接着显然我必定会否定其他所有人的安全。头脑寻求身体上的安全,但是当它寻求心理安全时,身体安全就被拒绝了。
The Flight of the Eagle,  pp 57-8
《鹰的翱翔》,第57-58页

There is no permanent relationship
没有永恒的关系
Is there any psychological security certainty or security such as the mind is always seeking? Obviously when you observe any relationship very closely, there is no certainty. In the case of husband and wife or boy and girl who want to establish a firm relationship, what happens? When the wife or the husband looks at anyone else, there is fear, jealousy, anxiety, anger and hatred; there is no permanent relationship. Yet the mind all the time wants the feeling of belonging.
存在任何心理安全和确定性,或者头脑一直在追寻的那种安全吗?显然,当你非常密切地观察任何形式的关系,就会发现确定性并不存在。以夫妻或男孩和女孩为例,他们想要建立稳固的关系,然而会发生什么?当妻子或者丈夫看了别人一眼,恐惧、嫉妒、焦虑、愤怒和仇恨就会产生;永恒的关系并不存在。然而头脑却始终想要归属感。
The Flight of the Eagle,  p58
《鹰的翱翔》,第58页

Why are we insecure in our relationship?
在关系中我们为什么感觉不安全?
So what is insecurity? Why are we insecure in our relationship to each other? There is tremendous disturbance, turmoil and agony in the external world, and each one wants his own place, his own security, and wants to escape from this terrible state of insecurity. So, can we together inquire into why we are insecure?—not into what security is because your security may be an illusion. Your security may be in some romantic concept, in some image, tradition, or  in a family and name. What does that word ‘insecure’ mean? In your relationship to your wife or husband, there is not a sense of complete security. There is always this background, this feeling that everything is not quite right. So inquire with me into why human beings are insecure. Is it about not having a job? In a country like this country, which is overpopulated, there are probably ten thousand people for one job. Don’t you know all this, or am I inventing it?  If we were not insecure, we would not talk about gods, we would not  talk about security. Because we are insecure, we seek the opposite.
那么,不安全是什么?在相互关系中我们为什么感觉不安全?外部世界中有着巨大的不安、混乱和痛苦,每个人都想要他自己的空间、他自己的安全,想要逃离这可怕的不安全状态。所以,我们能否一起探询我们为什么感觉不安全?——而不是探究安全是什么,因为你的安全感或许是个幻觉。你的安全或许存在于某个浪漫的理念、某个意象和传统之中,或者家庭和头衔之中。“不安全”这个词的含义是什么?在你与妻子或丈夫的关系中,并没有彻底的安全感。总是有这种背景,这种感觉,觉得一切都好像不太对。所以,和我一起来探询人类为什么不安全。是因为没有工作吗?在这样的一个国家里,人口过剩,也许有一个万人在争夺一份工作。这一切你们难道不知道吗,还是我虚构出来的?如果我们并非不安全,我们就不会谈论神,我们就不会谈论安全。因为我们不安全,所以我们追求它的反面。
That Benediction is Where You Are, p 25
《那至福就在你身边》,第25页

Security and dependence
安全和依赖
The desire to be secure is one of the most curious things. And that security must be recognized by the world; I don’t know whether you see this. I write a book and in the book I find my security. But that book must be recognized by the world, otherwise there is no security. So look what I have done—my security lies in the opinion of the world! “My books sell by the thousand”, and I have created the value of the world. In seeking security through a book—through whatever it is—I am depending on the world which I have created. So it means I am deceiving myself constantly. If you saw this! So the desire for thought to be secure is the way of uncertainty, is the way of insecurity.
想要安全的愿望,是最奇妙的事情之一。而那安全必须为世人所认可;我不知道你是否看到了这一点。我写了一本书,我在那本书中找到了我的安全感。但是那本书必须被世人认可,否则就没有安全可言。所以看看我做了什么——我的安全在世人的看法之中!“我的书销量数以千计”,我为世界创造了价值。在通过一本书——无论通过什么东西——寻找安全的过程中,我在依赖我创造的这个世界。所以那意味着我在不断地欺骗自己。要是你们看到这一点该多好!所以,思想想要安全的渴望,就是不确定性的来路,就是不安全的来路。
The Impossible Question,  p 182
《不可能的问题》,第182页

Does thought give security?
思想能带来安全吗?
So does thought fundamentally, basically, give security, psychologically? Thought has its place; but when thought assumes that it can bring about psychological security then it is living in illusion. Thought wanting ultimate security has created a thing called god; and humanity clings to that idea. Thought can create every kind of romantic illusion. And when the mind, psychologically, seeks security in the dogma of the Church, or some other dogmatic assertion, or whatever it is, it is seeking security in the structure of thought.
那么,思想能从根本上、从本质上带来心理上的安全吗?思想有它的位置;但是,当思想假装它能够带来心理安全时,那么它就活在了幻觉之中。思想想要终极的安全,于是制造出叫做神的东西;而人类抓住那个想法不放。思想可以制造出各种浪漫的幻想。而当头脑在教会的信条中,或者其他教义的断言中,或者无论从什么之中追求心理上的安全时,它就是在思想的结构中寻找安全。
Thought is the response of experience and knowledge, stored up in the brain as memory; that response is therefore always moving from the past. Now, is there security in the past?
思想是经验和知识的反应,经验和知识作为记忆储存在大脑中;因而那反应始终来自过去。然而,过去之中有安全可言吗?
The Wholeness of Life, p 160
《生命的整体》,第160页

Life is constantly knocking at our door
生活不断叩响我们的大门
When we close the windows and doors of our house and stay inside, we feel very secure, we feel safe, unmolested. But life is not like that. Life is constantly knocking at our door, trying to push open our windows that we may see more; and if out of fear we lock the doors, bolt all the windows, the knocking only grows louder. The closer we cling to security in any form, the more life comes and pushes us. The more we are afraid and enclose ourselves, the greater is our suffering, because life won’t leave us alone. We want to be secure but life says we cannot be; and so our struggle begins.
当我们紧闭我们房子的门窗,我们感觉非常牢靠,我们觉得安全,没有麻烦。但生活并不是这样的。生活不断叩响我们的大门,试图推开我们的窗子,好让我们看到更多;如果我们出于恐惧锁起了门,拴上了窗户,那叩门声只会变得更响。我们越是紧抓任何形式的安全,生活就越是步步紧逼。我们越是害怕,越是封闭自己,我们的痛苦就越强烈,因为生活不会扔下我们不管。我们想要安全,但是生活说我们无法安全;于是我们的挣扎开始了。
Life Ahead, p 54
《生活在前》,第54页

页: [1]