返回列表 发帖

THE URGENCY OF CHANGE - 'MORALITY'/《转变的紧迫性》之“道德”

THE URGENCY OF CHANGE - 'MORALITY'
《转变的紧迫性》之“道德”

Questioner: What is it to be virtuous? What makes one act righteously? What is the foundation of morality? How do I know virtue without struggling for it? Is it an end in itself?

发问者:什么是美德?是什么让人行为正直?道德的基础是什么?若不为之努力,我怎么能够知道美德?它本身就是个结束吗?

Krishnamurti: Can we discard the morality of society which is really quite immoral? Its morality has become respectable, approved by religious sanctions; and the morality of counter-revolution also soon becomes as immoral and respectable as that of well-established society. This morality is to go to war, to kill, to be aggressive, to seek power, to give hate its place; it is all the cruelty and injustice of established authority. This is not moral. But can one actually say that it is not moral? Because we are part of this society, whether we are conscious of it or not. Social morality is our morality, and can we easily put it aside? The ease with which we put it aside is the sign of our morality - not the effort it costs us to put it aside, not the reward, not the punishment for this effort but the consummate ease with which we discard it. If our behaviour is directed by the environment in which we live, controlled and shaped by it, then it is mechanical and heavily conditioned. And if our behaviour is the outcome of our own conditioned response, is it moral? If your action is based on fear and reward, is it righteous? If you behave rightly according to some ideological concept or principle, can that action be regarded as virtuous? So we must begin to find out how deeply we have discarded the morality of authority, imitation, conformity and obedience. Isn't fear the basis of our morality? Unless these questions are fundamentally answered for oneself one cannot know what it is to be truly virtuous. As we said, with what ease you come out of this hypocrisy is of the greatest importance. If you merely disregard it, it doesn't indicate that you are moral: you might be merely psychopathic. If you live a life of routine and contentment that is not morality either. The morality of the saint who conforms and follows the well-established tradition of sainthood is obviously not morality. So one can see that any conformity to a pattern, whether or not it is sanctioned by tradition, is not righteous behaviour. Only out of freedom can come virtue.

克:我们能不能抛弃社会道德?社会道德实际上非常地不道德。它的道德被宗教约束所推崇,流于体面;就像根深蒂固的社会道德一样,反革命的道德也很快变得不道德,流于体面。这种道德是去打仗,去杀戮,去侵略,追求权力,让恨大行其道;它就是当局者所有的残忍和不公。这不道德。但是你真的能说它不道德吗?因为我们就是这个社会的一部分,不管我们是否意识到了这一点。社会道德是我们的道德,我们能轻松地把它搁置一旁吗?我们把它搁置一旁的这种轻松,正体现了我们的道德——不是把它放在一边所需要花费的努力,也不是为这种努力而得到的奖赏或者惩罚,而是我们抛弃掉它所用的那种完全的轻松。如果我们的行为被我们生活在其中的环境所左右,被其控制和塑造,那么我们的行为就是机械的,严重局限的。如果我们的行为是我们自己局限反应的结果,那它是道德的吗?如果我们的行为基于恐惧和奖励,那它是正直的吗?如果你根据某种理论观念或者原则正确地行动,那行动能被认为是美德吗?所以我们必须开始去发现我们在多大程度上抛弃了权威、仿效、遵从和服从这些道德。恐惧是我们道德的基础吗?一个人无法知道什么是真正的美德,除非他自己从根本上解答了这些问题。正如我们所说,你从怎样的轻松中摆脱了这种虚伪,这是最重要的。如果你只是忽视它,那并不表明你是道德的:你可能只是精神错乱。如果你过一种例行公事心满意足的生活,那也不是道德。遵从并追随既定的圣徒传统,这些圣徒的道德,显然都不是道德。所以一个人能够看到,任何对模式的遵从,不管它是不是被传统所认可,都不是正直的行为。只有从自由中才能诞生美德。

Can one free oneself with great skill from this network of what is considered moral? Skill in action comes with freedom, and so virtue.

一个人能非常巧妙地把自己从被视为道德的这种网络中解脱出来吗?行动中的技巧来自于自由,美德也一样。

Questioner: Can I free myself from social morality without fear, with the intelligence which is skill? I'm frightened at the very idea of being considered immoral by society. The young can do it, but I am middle-aged, and I have a family, and in my very blood there is respectability, the essence of the bourgeois. It is there, and I am frightened.

发问者:我能没有恐惧地运用智慧也就是技巧把自己从社会道德中解脱出来吗?被社会视为不道德,这个念头本身就让我很害怕。年轻人能这么做,但是我已经中年了,我有个家庭,在我的血液里本身就有体面,那是资产阶级的核心品质。它就在那儿,我很害怕。

Krishnamurti: Either you accept social morality or reject it. You can't have it both ways. You can't have one foot in hell and the other in heaven.

克:你要么接受社会道德,要么拒绝它。你不能两边都占。你不能一只脚在地狱另一只脚在天堂。

Questioner: So what am I to do? I see now what morality is, and yet I'm being immoral all the time. The older I grow the more hypocritical I become. I despise the social morality, and yet I want its benefits, its comfort, its security, psychological and material, and the elegance of a good address. That is my actual, deplorable state. What am I to do?

发问者:那我该怎么办?我现在看到了道德是什么,而我始终是不道德的。年纪越大,我就变得越虚伪。我鄙视社会道德,但是我想要它的好处,它的舒适,它的安全,心理上和物质上的安全,以及有个好住址的体面。这就是我真实的可悲境地。我该怎么办?

Krishnamurti: You can't do anything but carry on as you are. It is much better to stop trying to be moral, stop trying to be concerned with virtue.

克:你什么也不能做,只能继续你现在的样子。停止想要变得道德,停止努力关注美德,这要好多了。

Questioner: But I can't, I want the other! I see the beauty and the vigour of it, the cleanliness of it. What I am holding on to is dirty and ugly, but I can't let it go.

发问者:但是我做不到,我想要另一个!我看到了它的美和生命力,它的纯净。我正抱守的东西又脏又丑,但是我丢不掉它。

Krishnamurti: Then there is no issue. You can't have virtue and respectability. Virtue is freedom. Freedom is not an idea, a concept. When there is freedom there is attention, and only in this attention can goodness flower.

克:那就没问题了。你无法同时拥有美德和体面。美德是自由。自由不是一个想法,一个概念。有了自由就有了关注,只有在这种全神贯注中,良善才能绽放。

克的意思似乎是,想要达到某个标准的努力就是不道德,那和野心欲望没有区别。
每次我有痛苦悲伤的感觉时,好像都是拿实际状况与某个标准衡量造成的,是一种抗拒摩擦的感觉。当当看到这个过程,达成的努力停止了,好像又没什么问题。

返回列表 回复 发帖