返回列表 发帖

THE URGENCY OF CHANGE - 'SELF-EXPRESSION'/《转变的紧迫性》之“自我表达”

THE URGENCY OF CHANGE - 'SELF-EXPRESSION'
《转变的紧迫性》之“自我表达”

Questioner: Expression seems to me so important. I must express myself as an artist otherwise I feel stifled and deeply frustrated. Expression is part of one's existence. As an artist it is as natural that I should give myself to it as that a man should express his love for a woman in words and gestures. But through all this expression there is a sort of pain which I don't quite understand. I think most artists would agree with me that there is deep conflict in expressing one's deepest feelings on canvas, or in any other medium. I wonder if one can ever be free of this pain, or does expression always bring pain?

发问者:表达对我来说显得特别重要。我必须像一个艺术家那样表达自己,否则我就感觉窒息并且非常沮丧。表达是我存在的一部分。作为一个艺术家,充分表现自己,就像一个男人用语言和动作表达他对一个女人的爱一样自然。但是在这所有的表达过程中,有一种痛苦我不是很理解。我想大多数艺术家都会在这一点上赞同我,即在画布上或者其他介质上表达自己最深刻的感受时,有一种深深的冲突。我想知道一个人能否摆脱这种痛苦,或者是不是表达总是会带来痛苦?

Krishnamurti: What is the need of expression, and where does the suffering come into all this? Isn't one always trying to express more and more deeply, extravagantly, fully, and is one ever satisfied with what one has expressed? The deep feeling and the expression of it are not the same thing; there is a vast difference between the two, and there is always frustration when the expression doesn't correspond to the strong feeling. Probably this is one of the causes of pain, this discontent with the inadequacy of the utterance which the artist gives to his feeling. In this there is conflict and the conflict is a waste of energy. An artist has a strong feeling which is fairly authentic; he expresses it on canvas. This expression pleases some people and they buy his work; he gets money and reputation. His expression has been noticed and becomes fashionable. He refines it, pursues it, develops it, and is all the time imitating himself. This expression becomes habitual and stylized; the expression becomes more and more important and finally more important than the feeling; the feeling eventually evaporates. The artist is not left with the social consequences of being a successful painter: the market place of the salon and the gallery, the connoisseur, the critics; he is enslaved by the society for which he paints. The feeling has long since disappeared, the expression is an empty shell remaining. Consequently even this expression eventually loses its attraction because it had nothing to express; it is a gesture, a word without a meaning. This is part of the destructive process of society. This is the destruction of the good.

克:为什么需要表达,所有这一切中的痛苦又是从哪里来的?难道一个人不是总想越来越深刻、恣意、充分地表达自己吗?而对所表达的,他可曾满意过?深刻的感受与对它的表达不是一回事;这两者之间有着巨大的差别,当表达不足以响应这强烈的感受时,就始终会有挫折感。也许这就是痛苦的原因之一,即艺术家对无法充分表达自身感受的这种不满。这其中就有冲突,而冲突是能量的浪费。艺术家拥有某种相当真实的强烈感受;他把这感受用画布表达出来。这种表达取悦了某些人,他们买走他的作品;他得到了金钱和名声。他的表达得到了广泛关注,成为了一种时尚。于是他完善这表达,追逐它,发展它,他始终在模仿自己。这种表达变得习惯和程式化;这表达变得越来越重要,最后变得比感受本身更加重要;最后感受就消失不见了。艺术家所拥有的不只是成为一个成功画家的社会影响:市场上的沙龙和画廊,鉴赏家,批评家;他被他为之作画的社会所奴役。这种感受消失良久,表达就变成了一个残存的空壳。进而最终连这表达也失去了吸引力,因为已经没什么可表达的了;那只是一种没有意义的空洞姿态和语言。这就是这个社会破坏过程的一部分。这就是美好被破坏的过程。

Questioner: Can't the feeling remain, without getting lost in expression?

发问者:难道感受就不能保留下来而不迷失在表达中吗?

Krishnamurti: When expression becomes all-important because it is pleasurable, satisfying or profitable, then there is a cleavage between expression and feeling. When the feeling is the expression then the conflict doesn't arise, and in this there is no contradiction and hence no conflict. But when profit and thought intervene, then this feeling is lost through greed. The passion of feeling is entirely different from the passion of expression, and most people are caught in the passion of expression. So there is always this division between the good and the pleasurable.

克:当表达因为令人愉悦、满足或者有利可图而变得无比重要时,在表达和感受之间就有了裂隙。当感受就是表达本身时,冲突就不会出现,其中没有矛盾进而没有冲突。但是当利益和思想干涉进来时,就因为贪婪而失去了这种感受。感受里的热情与表达出来的热情完全不同,人们大多数被困在了表达出来的热情里。所以美好与愉悦之间总是有这种分别。

Questioner: Can I live without being caught in this current of greed?
     Krishnamurti: If it is the feeling which is important you will never ask about expression. Either you have got the feeling or you haven't. If you ask about the expression, you are not asking about artistry but about profit. Artistry is that which is never taken into account: it is the living.

发问者:我能不困在这贪婪的洪流里生活吗?
克:如果对你来说重要的是感受,你就永远不会去问表达。你要么有感受,要么没有。如果你来问表达,你问的就不是艺术而是利益。艺术是从来不用思考的事情:它就是生活。

Questioner: So what is it, to live? What is it to be, and to have that feeling which is complete in itself? I have now understood that expression is beside the point.
     Krishnamurti: It is living without conflict.

发问者:那么,生活是什么呢?成为并拥有自身就完满的那感受,是怎样的?我现在明白了表达的问题离题了。
克:那就是没有冲突地生活。

表达真可怕。

这篇刚好对我。

返回列表 回复 发帖