返回列表 发帖

先生们,是该行动的时候了

May I say something else? If you doubt, that is, if you desire greatly to find out, you must let go of those things which you hold so dearly. There cannot be true understanding by keeping what you have. You cannot say, "I shall hold on to this prejudice, to this belief, to this ceremony, and at the same time I shall examine what you say." How can you? Such an attitude is not one of doubt; it is not one of intelligent criticism. It shows that you are merely looking for a substitute.

我可以说点儿别的吗?如果你质疑,也就是说,如果你十分渴望所有发现,那么你就必须放开那些你紧紧抱持的东西。抱守着已有的那些东西,你就不可能有真正的领悟。你不能说:“我需要坚持这个偏见、这个信仰、这项仪式,同时我也要审视你所说的话。”这怎么可能?这样一种态度不是质疑的态度;这不是智慧的批判态度。这说明你只是在寻求替代品。

I am trying to help you to understand truly the completeness of life. I am not asking you to follow me. If you are satisfied with your life as it is, then continue it. But if you are not, then try what I am saying. Don't accept, but begin to be intelligently critical. To live completely you must be free from the perversions, the illusions in which you are held. To find out the lasting significance of ceremony, you must examine it critically, objectively, and to do this you must not be enticed into it, entangled in it. Surely this is obvious. Examine both the performance and the non-performance of ceremonies. Doubt, question, ponder over this profoundly. When you begin to relinquish the past, you will create conflict in yourself, and out of that conflict there must come action born of understanding. Now you are afraid to let go, because that act of relinquishment will bring turmoil; out of that act might come the decision that ceremonies are of no avail, which would go against your family, your friends, and your past assertions. There is fear behind all this, so you merely doubt intellectually. You are like the man who holds to all his possessions, to his ideas, his beliefs, his family, and yet talks about non-possession. His thought has nothing to do with his action. His life is hypocritical.

我想帮你真正地理解生命的完满。我不是让你追随我。如果你满足于你生活现在的样子,那么就请继续这样的生活。但是如果你不满意,那么就试试我说的话。不要接受,而是开始智慧地批判。若要完满地生活,你就必须摆脱你身陷其中的扭曲和幻觉。若要发现仪式的真正意义,你就必须批判地、客观地审视它,而要做到这点,你就不能被它引诱、不能陷入其中。深深地怀疑、质询和思考这一点。当你开始摒弃过去,你就会在自己内心制造冲突,从那冲突中必然产生诞生于领悟的行动。而你害怕放弃过去,因为那摒弃的行动会带来混乱;从那行动中可能会产生仪式毫无意义这样一个决定,而这个决定会与你的家庭、你的朋友、你过去的主张相悖。这一切的背后潜藏着恐惧,所以你只是从理性上质疑。你就像一个紧抓着自己所有的财产、观念、信仰和家庭不放却在大谈不占有的人一样。他的思想与他的行为毫无关系。他的生活是虚伪的。

Please don't think that I am talking harshly; I am not. But neither am I going to be sentimental or emotional in order to rouse you to action. In fact, I am not interested in rousing you to action; you will rouse yourself to action when you understand. I am interested in showing you what is happening in the world. I want to awaken you to the cruelty, to the appalling oppression, exploitation, that is about you. Religion, politics, society are exploiting you, and you are being conditioned by them; you are being forced in a particular direction. You are not human beings; you are mere cogs in a machine. You suffer patiently, submitting to the cruelties of environment, when you, individually, have the possibilities of changing them.

请不要以为我说话很刻薄;不是的。但我也不想通过动之以情或者情绪化的方式来唤醒你去行动。事实上,我对唤醒你去行动不感兴趣;当你理解了,你会唤醒自己去行动。我感兴趣的是向你指出世界上在发生着什么。我想让你清醒地意识到你周围存在的残酷、骇人的压迫和剥削。宗教、政治和社会在剥削你,你被它们所局限;你被迫走向某个特定的方向。你们不是人类;你们只是机器上的螺丝钉。你们忍辱负重,屈服于环境的残酷,而实际上你们每个人都有改变这一切的可能性。

Sirs, it is time to act. But action cannot take place through mere reasoning and discussions. Action takes place only when you feel intensely. True action takes place only when your thoughts and your feelings are harmoniously linked together. But you have divorced your feelings from your thoughts, because from their harmony, action must create conflict which you are unwilling to face. But I say, free yourself from the false values of society, of traditions; live completely, individually. By this I do not mean individualistically. When I talk about individuality, I mean by that the understanding of true values liberating you from the social, religious machine which is destroying you. To be truly individual, action must be born of creative intelligence, without fear, not caught up in illusion.

先生们,是该行动的时候了。但是仅仅通过推理和讨论,无法产生行动。只有当你有强烈的感受时,行动才能产生。只有当你的思想和你的感情和谐地联结在一起时,真正的行动才能发生。但是你把自己的感情和思想分离开来,因为从两者的和谐中产生的行动必然会制造你不愿意面对的冲突。但是我说,把你自己从社会和传统的错误价值观中解放出来吧;作为一个个体完整地生活。我这么说的意思不是个人主义。当我谈到个体性,我指的是对正确价值观的领悟将你从正在摧毁你的社会、宗教机器中解放出来。若要成为真正的个体,行动必须诞生于创造性的智慧,没有恐惧,不被幻觉所困。

返回列表 回复 发帖