返回列表 发帖

Daily Quotes 每日引用 7

The hidden fears
隐藏的恐惧
There are not only the conscious fears of which one is aware, but also those that are deep down, undiscovered in the deep recesses of one’s mind. How is one to deal with conscious fears as well as those that are hidden? Surely, fear is in the movement away from ‘what is’; it is the flight, the escape, the avoidance, of actuality that brings about fear. Also, when there is comparison of any kind, there is the breeding of fear—the comparison of what you are with what you think you should be. So fear is the movement away from what is actual, not in the object from which you move away. None of these problems of fear can be resolved through will—saying to oneself, “I will not be afraid.”
你觉察到的不仅仅是外显的恐惧,还有意识深处那些潜藏的、未被发现的恐惧。你要如何应对外显的以及那些潜藏的恐惧?显然,恐惧是远离“现状”的活动,是躲闪、逃离、回避带来恐惧的现实。同时,只要有任何形式的比较,就会滋生恐惧——比较你现在如何和你认为你应该如何。所以,恐惧是远离实际状况的活动,恐惧并非存在于你逃避的对象之中。这些恐惧的问题无一能够通过意志力——对自己说:“我不会害怕的。”——来解决。
Beyond Violence, p 64
《超越暴力》,第64页

Thought breeds fear
思想滋生恐惧
How do these psychological fears arise? What is their origin? That is the issue. There is the fear of something that happened yesterday; the fear of something that might happen later on today or tomorrow. There is the fear of what we have known, and there is the fear of the unknown, which is tomorrow. One can see for oneself very clearly that fear arises through the structure of thought—through thinking about that which  happened yesterday of which one is afraid, or through thinking about the future. Right? Thought breeds fear, doesn’t it? Please let us be quite sure; do not accept what the speaker is saying; be absolutely sure for yourself as to whether thought is the origin of fear.              
这些心理恐惧是怎么产生的?它们的根源是什么?这是问题所在。有对昨天发生的事情的恐惧,还有对今天或者明天可能发生什么的恐惧。有对我们已知之物的恐惧,还有对未知,也就是明天的恐惧。你自己可以很清楚地看到,恐惧产生于思想的结构之中——通过回忆昨天发生的害怕的事情,或者通过考虑未来,恐惧得以产生。对不对?思想滋生恐惧,不是吗?对这一点我们要十分确定;不要接受讲话者所说的话;你自己要彻底搞清楚思想是不是恐惧的起源。
The Flight of the Eagle,  p 12
《鹰的翱翔》,第12页

Afraid of the past and the future
害怕过去和未来
At the actual moment, as I am sitting here, I am not afraid; I am not afraid in the present, nothing is happening to me, nobody is threatening me or taking anything away from me. But beyond the actual moment there is a deeper layer in the mind that is consciously or unconsciously thinking of what might happen in the future or worrying that something from the past may overtake me. So I am afraid of the past and the future. I have divided time into the past and the future. Thought steps in, says, “Be careful it does not happen again”, or “Be prepared for the future. The future may be dangerous for you. You have got something now but you may lose it. You may die tomorrow, your wife may run away, you may lose your job. You may never become famous. You may be lonely. You want to be quite sure of tomorrow.”
在此时的这一刻,当我坐在这里,我不害怕;此刻我不害怕,我身上没有发生什么,没人威胁我或者从我这里夺去什么东西。但是如果离开了此刻,头脑深处就有一个层面,有意识或者无意识地在想着将来可能会发生什么,或者担忧过去的什么事情也许会突然发生在我身上。所以我害怕过去和未来。我把时间划分成了过去和未来。于是思想介入进来,说:“当心别让它再次发生”,或者“为将来做好准备。你将来或许会有危险。你现在拥有某些东西,但你也许会失去。明天你也许会死,你妻子也许会跑掉,你也许会丢掉工作。你也许永远不会出名。你也许会孤独。你想对明天特别有把握。”
Freedom from the Known, p 42
《从已知中解脱》,第42页

Time and thought make fear
时间和思想产生恐惧
Time and thought make fear—time as yesterday, today and tomorrow; there is the fear that tomorrow something will happen—the loss of a job, death, that my wife or my husband will run away, that the disease and pain that I have had many days ago will come back again. This is where time comes in. Time, involving what my neighbour may say about me tomorrow, or time which up to now has covered up something which I did many years ago. I am afraid of some deep secret desires which might not be fulfilled. So time is involved in fear, fear of death which comes at the end of life, which may be waiting around the corner and I am afraid. So time involves fear and thought. There is no time if there is no thought. Thinking about that which happened yesterday, being afraid that it may happen again tomorrow—this is what brings about time as well as fear.

时间和思想产生恐惧——时间是昨天、今天和明天;有对明天会发生什么的恐惧——丢掉工作,死亡,我的妻子或者丈夫会跑掉,多日前我有过的病痛还会回来。时间在这里介入进来。时间,包括我的邻居明天会怎么说我,或者多年前我做过的事情,我一直掩盖到了现在。我害怕内心深处一些隐蔽的欲望无法得到满足。所以恐惧之中涉及了时间,对生命终结之时死亡来临的恐惧,死亡也许就守候在转角,对此我心存恐惧。所以时间引入了恐惧和思想。如果没有思想,就不会有时间。想着昨天发生的的事情,害怕明天会再次发生——这就是带来时间以及恐惧的东西。
The Flight of the Eagle, pp 69-70
《鹰的翱翔》,第69-70页

Like holding a precious jewel
就像手捧一件稀世珍宝
We can observe this fact together, that thought and time are the root of fear. Time and thought are the same, they are not two separate movements. See this fact, this actuality, that time and thought, time-thought, are the root of fear. Just observe it in yourself. Don’t move away from the reality, from the truth that fear is caused by time and thought. Hold it, remain with it, don’t run away from it. It is so. Then it is like holding a precious jewel in your hand. You see all the beauty of that jewel. Then you will see for yourself that fear psychologically completely ends.   
我们可以一起来观察这个事实,即思想和时间是恐惧的根源。时间和思想是一回事,它们并非相互分离的活动。看看这个事实,这个现实,即时间和思想,时间——思想,是恐惧的根源。只是从你的内心观察这个事实。不要离开这个事实,离开“恐惧由时间和思想导致”这个真相。手握这个事实,与它共处,不要离开。就是这么回事。就像手捧一件稀世珍宝,你看到这件宝贝所有的美。此时你自己就会发现恐惧从心理上彻底终结了。
Washington D.C. Talks, pp 29-30
《华盛顿特区讲话》,第29-30页

The flowering of the question
问题的绽放
Thought and time are the two factors of fear. You cannot do anything about it. Don’t ask, “How am I to stop thinking?”  It is too silly a question. Because you have got to think—to go from here to your house, to drive a car, to speak a language. But time may not be necessary at all psychologically, inwardly. So we are saying fear exists because of the two major factors of time and thought, in which is involved reward and punishment.
Now, I have heard this statement made by you. And I have listened to it so immensely because it is a tremendous problem which man has not solved at all and which, therefore, is creating havoc in the world. I have listened to you, listened to the statement. And you have also told me: Don’t do anything about it; just put the question and live with it, as a woman bears the seed in her womb. So you have put the question. Let that question flower. In the flowering of that question, there is also the withering away of that question. It is not the flowering and then the ending—the very flowering is the ending.                           
思想和时间是恐惧的两个要素。你对它们什么也不能做。不要问:“我该如何停止思考?”这是个太过愚蠢的问题。因为你必须得思考——从这里走到你的房子,开车,说一门语言。但是从心理上、从内在来说,也许根本不需要时间。所以我们说,恐惧之所以存在,是因为两个主要的因素——时间和思想,其中涉及了奖赏和惩罚。
现在,我听到了你说的这句话。我是如此全神贯注地倾听了你说的话,因为恐惧是人类从未解决的一个巨大问题,并因此在世界上制造了巨大的混乱。我倾听了你,听到了那句话。同时你又告诉我:对它什么也不要做;只是提出这个问题并与之共处,就像一个女人子宫里怀着那颗种子一样。于是你提出了那个问题。让那个问题绽放,在绽放之中,那个问题同时也在枯萎。不是先有绽放,然后是枯萎——绽放本身就是终结。
That Benediction is Where You Are,  pp 39-40
《那至福就在你身边》,第39-40页

When thought realizes…
当思想意识到……
When thought realizes that it cannot possibly do anything about fear because it creates fear, then there is silence; then there is complete negation of any movement which breeds fear.
当思想意识到自己对恐惧完全无能为力,因为是它自己制造了恐惧,那么就会出现一种寂静;这时就会有对滋生恐惧的一切活动的彻底消除。
The Flight of the Eagle, p 71
《鹰的翱翔》,第71页

Fear can be ended totally
恐惧可以被彻底终结
The speaker is saying that fear can be totally ended.  Don’t say, “It is for the illumined one” and all that nonsense. You can end it if you put your brain, your heart into it—completely, not partially. And then you will see for yourself what immense beauty there is in it; a sense of utter freedom—not freedom of a country or of some government, but the sense of the enormity of freedom, the greatness of freedom.
Will you do it—today, now? From today, seeing the cause of fear, end it. As long as there is fear—biologically, physically, psychologically—it destroys us. So, if one may ask, after listening to this fact, not theory, what are you going to do? Time is the factor of fear and thought; so if you don’t change now, you won’t ever change. It is constant postponement.
讲话者说恐惧可以被彻底终结。不要说:“受到天启的人才可以做到”以及诸如此类的废话。如果你将你的头脑以及内心完全地,而不是部分地投入其中,你就能终结它。此时你就会亲自发现其中有着怎样无限的美;那是一种彻底的自由感——不是某个国家或者政府的自由,而是无限广大的自由感,感觉到自由的伟大。
你会这么做——今天,现在就这么做吗?从今天起,看到恐惧的根源,终结它。只要有恐惧——生理上的、身体上的、心理上的恐惧——它就会毁灭你。所以,我是不是可以问一句:在听到了这个事实而不是理论之后,你会怎么办?时间是恐惧和思想的要素;所以,如果你现在不改变,你永远也不会改变,只会不停地拖延下去。
The Last Talks, pp 42-43
《最后的讲话》,第42-43页

Helping human consciousness to lessen fear
帮助人类的意识减少恐惧
One has lived a so-called individualistic life, concerned about oneself and one’s problems. Those problems never end, they increase. One has lived that kind of life. One has been brought up, educated, conditioned to that kind of life. You come along as a friend; you say to me: “Look, your consciousness is not yours; you suffer as other people suffer.” I listen to it and I do not reject what you say, for it makes sense, it is sane and I see that in what you have told me there can perhaps be peace in the world. And I say to myself: “Now, can I be free from fear?” I see that I am responsible, totally, for the whole consciousness. I see that when I am investigating fear I am helping the total human consciousness to lessen fear.
我过着一种所谓个人主义的生活,只关心我自己和我的问题。那些问题永无休止,而且与日俱增。我过着这样的生活。我被抚养大,我所受的教育、所受的制约,就是去过这样的生活。然后你作为一个朋友来到我面前,对我说:“看,你的意识不是你的;你像其他人一样受苦。”我听到了你说的话,并没有拒之门外,因为这些话有道理,是理智的,我也看到,也许世界的和平就在你对我说的话之中。于是我对自己说:“那么,我能摆脱恐惧吗?”我看到,我对这个整体意识负有全责。我看到,当我探究恐惧,我就是在帮助整个人类的意识减少恐惧。
The Network of Thought, pp 70-71
《思想的网络》,第70-71页

Two sides of a coin
硬币的两面
Fear and pleasure are the two sides of a coin: you cannot be free of one without being free of the other also. You want to have pleasure all your life and yet be free of fear—that is all you are concerned about. But you do not see that you feel frustrated if tomorrow’s pleasure is denied, you feel unfulfilled, angry, anxious and guilty, and all the psychological miseries arise. So you have to look at fear and pleasure together.
恐惧和快乐是一个硬币的两面:你无法只摆脱其中之一却保留另外一个。你想让自己的生活中充满快乐,同时又免于恐惧——这就是你所关心的一切。但是你没有看到,如果明天的快乐被否定了,你就会觉得受挫,觉得不满足、愤怒、焦虑和愧疚,所有的心理痛苦就都出现了。所以你必须把恐惧和快乐放在一起来看。
The Impossible Question, pp 50-51
《不可能的问题》,第50-51页

Relationship between pleasure and fear
快乐与恐惧的关系
Questioner: What is the relationship between pleasure and fear?
Krishnamurti: Don’t  you know it, do you want an explanation of that? When I can’t get my pleasure what happens? Have you not noticed it? I want something which is going to give me tremendous pleasure—what takes place when I am thwarted, denied it? There is antagonism, there is violence, there is a sense of frustration, all of which is a form of fear.
问:快乐与恐惧的关系是什么?
克:你难道不知道吗,对此你想听一番解释吗?当我得不到快乐时,会发生什么?你难道没有注意到吗?我想要某件可以带给我巨大快乐的东西——当我受到阻挠或者被拒绝时,会发生什么?会有一种对抗,会有暴力,以及挫败感,这些都是恐惧的形式。
Talks & Dialogues Saanen 1967, p 53
《1967年萨能演讲及对话》,第53页

返回列表 回复 发帖