返回列表 发帖

偏见

(摘自教育系列与学生们的讨论)

K: Mr Narayan. I have known him for a number of years and I have talked to him and he has talked to me, he has told me his problems, and I have understood. I have talked to him, I have communicated with him.
     克:那拉扬先生,我认识他好几年了,我跟他谈过话,他跟我谈过话,他告诉了我他的问题,这些我都明白了。我跟他谈过,交流过。
     S: Then you can't really describe a person as he is.
     学生:而你不能真正地如实描述一个人。
     K: No, I can't. Therefore I am not prejudiced.
     克:是的,我不能。所以我就没有偏见。
     S: Is that all there is to it then?
     学生:那么这就是所有的了吗?
     K: No. There is much more to it. A human being is a very complex person. Right? Very complex. I have only understood Mr Narayan very, very little, and that little doesn't prejudice me. I say I understand a little. And I really don't know Mr Narayan.
     克:不。还有更多。一个人是非常复杂的。对不对?非常复杂。我只对那拉扬先生了解了很少很少的一点点,那一点点并没有使我有偏见。我说我了解了一点。而我并没有真正地了解那拉扬先生。
     S: So you can't say anything about him unless you know him.
     学生:所以除非你真的了解他,关于他你什么也不能说。
     K: That's all, that's all. So I have no prejudice. I can't say, I know Mr Narayan. That would be stupid on my part if I say, 'I know Mr Narayan'. Right? I only know a little bit, that which he has told me, which he has conveyed to me, and so on. Very little.
     克:就是这样,就是这样。所以我没有偏见。我不能说,我了解那拉扬先生。如果我说“我了解那拉扬先生”,那我就很愚蠢。对不对?我只知道一点点,他告诉我的那一点点,他传达给我的那一点点。非常少。
Being nobody, going nowhere.

If I have prejudices against you, I won't be able to understand what you are talking about, or what you want to tell me, I cut you off. So to find out what you are, what you are actually telling me, I mustn't have prejudices, I mustn't have opinions, I must be free to listen to you.
如果我对你有偏见,我就不能理解你在说什么,或者你想告诉我什么,我把你隔断了。所以要发现你是怎样的,你实际上在告诉我什么,我就不能有偏见,我就不能有观点,我必须要自由地听你说。

What is important is not to have prejudices, not to have opinions, so that you can understand, look at people. If you have prejudice you can't love people.
重要的是不要有偏见,不要有看法,这样你才能去了解人们,观察人们。如果你有偏见,你就不能爱别人。

K: So prejudices act that way. I have prejudices against him, they become a block. Right?
克:所以偏见就是这么运作的。我对他有偏见,它们(偏见)就变成了障碍。对不对?

S: Prejudices for him?
     K: Against him. Either I like him and therefore I have prejudices in his favour; or I don't like him I have prejudices against him. Right? Now what happens if I have prejudices?
     S: You don't understand him.
     K: I don't understand him, I don't see what he says clearly. I don't want to understand him. So it is like a dark glass - you understand? If I have a dark glass in the window I can't see the sun clearly, can I?
     S: No.
学生:向着他的偏见?
    克:反对他的。或者我喜欢他,因而有赞成他的偏见;或者我不喜欢他,我就有反对他的偏见。对不对?那,如果我有偏见,会发生什么?
     学生:你就无法了解他。
     克:我就无法了解他,我弄不清他说什么。我不想去了解他。(偏见)就像一片黑玻璃-你明白吗?如果我窗户上有块黑玻璃,我就不能清楚地看到太阳,是不是?
     学生:是的,看不清。

返回列表 回复 发帖