标题: Who are you?/你是谁?-萨能第五个问题 [打印本页] 作者: Sue 时间: 2010-7-6 09:11 标题: Who are you?/你是谁?-萨能第五个问题
5th question is: Who are you? 第五个问题:你是谁?
Is that an important question? 这是个很重要的问题吗?
Or would you say, "Who am I?" -not who you are...who am I? 还是你应该说,“我是谁?”-不是你是谁...而是我是谁?
And if I tell you who I am, what does it matter? 如果我告诉你我是谁,那有什么重要的?
It is only out of curiosity, isn't it? 这个问题只是出于好奇,不是吗?
It is like reading a menu at the window... 就像在橱窗那儿念菜单一样...
...you have to go into the restaurant and eat food. ...你得走进餐馆去吃东西才行。
But when you are standing outside and reading the menu... 但是如果你站在外面念菜单...
...it won't satisfy your hunger. ...那不能消除你的饥饿。
So to tell you who I am is really quite meaningless. 所以,告诉你我是谁,真的毫无意义。
First of all, I am nobody - right? 首先,我谁也不是-对不对?
That's all. 就是这样。
It’s very simple as that. 就这么简单。
I am nobody. 我谁也不是。
But what is important is: who you are, what are you? 但重要的是:你是谁,你是什么?
When they ask who you are, in that question is implied... 当他们问你是谁时,那个问题里就隐含了...
...that you are somebody very great therefore I am going to imitate you... ...你是个非常了不起的人物,所以我要模仿你...
...the way you walk, the way you talk... ...模仿你走路的样子,你说话的样子...
...the way you brush your teeth, or whatever it is. ...你怎么刷牙,或者不管什么。
I am going to imitate you, which is part of our pattern, you understand? 我要模仿你,这就是我们模式的一部分,你明白吗?
There is the hero, or the man who is enlightened, or the guru.. 有着英雄,或者开悟的人,或者古鲁...
...and you say, "I am going to copy everything you do"... ...你说,“我要拷贝你做的每一件事”...
...it becomes so absurdly silly - you understand? ...这变得如此愚蠢无稽-你明白吗?
Childish to imitate somebody. 幼稚地去模仿别人。
And are we not the result of a lot of imitations? 而我们不就是大量模仿的结果吗?
The religions have said - they don't use the word imitate - give yourself over... 各个宗教都说过-他们不用模仿这个词-交出你自己...
...surrender yourself, follow me, I am this, I am that, worship - right? ...奉献你自己,跟随我,我是这个,我是那个,膜拜-对不对?
All this is what you are. 这一切就是你的样子。
In school you imitate. 在学校里你模仿。
Acquiring knowledge is a form of imitation... 获取知识是一种模仿...
...and of course there is the fashion - short dress, long dress, long hair... ...当然还有时尚-短裙,长裙,长发...
...short hair, beard, no beard - imitate, imitate, imitate. ...短发,胡子,不留胡子-模仿,模仿,模仿。
And also we imitate inwardly, so we all know that. 内在我们也模仿,所以这些我们都知道。
But to find out who you are, who you are, not who the speaker is... 但是去发现你是谁,“你”是谁,而不是讲话者是谁...
...that is far more important, and to find out who you are you have to enquire. ...这要重要多了,而要发现你是谁,你就必须去探询。
You are the story of mankind. 你就整个人类的故事。
If you really see that it gives you tremendous vitality, energy, beauty, love... 如果你真的看到了这点,这就给了你巨大的生命力,能量,美,爱...
...because it is no longer a small entity struggling in the corner of the earth. ...因为你就不再是一个在地球的角落里挣扎的渺小的存在体。
You are part of this whole humanity. 你就是这整个人类的 一部分。
It has a tremendous responsibility, vitality, beauty, love. 有着巨大的责任,活力,美和爱。
But most of us won't see this, as most of us are concerned with ourselves... 但是我们大多数人不愿看到这一点,因为我们大部分人都只关心自己...
...with our particular little problem, particular little sorrow and so on. ...关心我们特定的琐碎问题,特定的小小苦恼,等等。
And to step out of that narrow circle seems almost impossible... 而要走出这狭隘的小圈子看起来几乎是不可能的...
...because we are so conditioned, so programmed, like the computers... ...因为我们是如此局限,如此程式化,就像计算机一样...
...that we cannot learn something new. ...我们学不了新东西。
The computer can, but we can't. 计算机能,但是我们不能。
See the tragedy of it. 看看这其中的悲剧。
The machine that we have created, the computer, can learn much faster... 我们制造的机器,计算机,能学得快的多...
...infinitely more than I can, than the brain can... ...比我,比大脑学的多得多...
...and the brain which has invented that... ...是大脑发明了这些...
...that has become ultra intelligent machine - right? ...它们变成了极其智能的机器-对不对?
Whereas our brain is sluggish, slow, dull because we have conformed... 而我们的大脑懒惰,迟缓,愚笨,因为我们总是遵从...
...we have obeyed, we have followed... ...我们服从,我们追随...
...there is the guru, there is the priest, there is the rich - you follow? ...有古鲁,有牧师,还有富人-你们跟上了吗?
And when you do revolt, as the revolutionaries and the terrorists do... 而当你反抗的时候,就像革命者和恐怖主义者所做的那样...
...it is still very superficial - changing the pattern of politics... ...那些作为依然是非常肤浅的...-改变着所谓社会的...
...of so-called society, society being merely the relationship between people... ...政治模式,社会只是人们之间的关系而已...
...and we are talking of a revolution not physical... ...而我们所谈的革命并非外在的...
...but the psychological revolution in which there is no, at the depth, conformity. ...而是心理上的革命,其中没有深藏的遵从。
You may put on trousers because you are in this country... 你也许会穿上裤子,因为你在这个国家里...
...and in India it is different clothes... ...而在印度就有不同的穿衣方式...
...that is not conformity, that is nothing, childish. ...这不是遵从,那什么也不是,很幼稚。
But inwardly, not a feeling of conformity. 但是内在地,没有一丝的遵从感。
Conformity exists when there is comparison. 遵从存在于有比较的地方。
For a mind to be totally free from comparison... 对于头脑来说,要完全摆脱比较...
...that is to observe the whole history which is embedded in you. ...也就是去观察深植于你的整个历史。