Board logo

标题: THE ONLY REVOLUTION INDIA PART 6/《唯一的革命》 印度 第六篇 [打印本页]

作者: Sue    时间: 2010-12-9 02:12     标题: THE ONLY REVOLUTION INDIA PART 6/《唯一的革命》 印度 第六篇

THE ONLY REVOLUTION INDIA PART 6
《唯一的革命》 印度 第六篇

If you set out to meditate it will not be meditation. If you set out to be good, goodness will never flower. If you cultivate humility, it ceases to be. Meditation is like the breeze that comes in when you leave the window open; but if you deliberately keep it open, deliberately invite it to come, it will never appear.

如果你有意去冥想,那就不是冥想。如果你有意去变得善良,那么良善就永远不会绽放。如果你培养谦逊,谦逊就消失了。冥想就像你开窗后吹进来的微风;但是如果你故意让窗户开着,刻意邀请微风进来,它就永远不会现身。

Meditation is not the way of thought, for thought is cunning, with infinite possibilities of self-deception, and so it will miss the way of meditation. Like love, it cannot be pursued.

冥想不是思想的方式,因为思想是狡猾的,有无限自欺的可能,所以它会错过冥想之道。就如同爱,无法追寻到。

The river that morning was very still. You could see on it the reflections of the clouds, of the new winter wheat and the wood beyond. Even the fisherman's boat didn't seem to disturb it. The quietness of the morning lay on the land. The sun was just coming up over the tops of the trees, and a distant voice was calling, and nearby a chanting of Sanskrit was in the air. The parrots and the mynahs had not yet begun their search for food; the vultures, bare-necked, heavy, sat on the top of the tree waiting for the carrion to come floating down the river. Often you would see some dead animal floating by and a vulture or two would be on it, and the crows would flutter around it hoping for a bite. A dog would swim out to it, and not gaining a foothold would return to the shore and wander off. A train would pass by, making a steely clatter across the bridge, which was quite long. And beyond it, up the river, lay the city.

那天早晨这条河非常平静。你能看到河面上映照出白云、新长出的冬小麦和远处树林的倒影。即使有渔夫的小船经过,似乎也不曾打扰这平静。清晨的寂静铺展在大地上。太阳刚刚从树丛上面升起,远远地有个声音在喊着什么,近处空中弥漫着梵语的唱诵。鹦鹉和八哥们还没开始寻找食物;脖子光光的秃鹫们,身形沉重,栖息在树顶上,等着动物的腐肉沿河漂下。你常常会看到死去的动物漂过,一两只秃鹫就会扑上去,乌鸦们也会飞到那周围,希望能分一杯羹。一条狗会朝那边游过去,因为找不到落脚点,于是回到岸上徘徊而去。有列火车会经过,穿过一座桥时发出与铁轨碰撞的咔嗒声,这声音持续了很长时间。而在远远的桥那边,在河的上游,城市就坐落在那里。

It was a morning full of quiet delight. Poverty, disease and pain were not yet walking on the road. There was a tottering bridge across the little stream; and where this little stream - dirty-brown - joined the big river, there it was supposed to be most holy, and there people came on festive days to bathe, men, women and children. It was cold, but they did not seem to mind. And the temple priest across the way made a lot of money; and the ugliness began.

这是个充满了宁静之乐的清晨。贫穷、疾病和痛苦还没有行进在道路上。那条小溪上有一座摇摇欲坠的桥;而这条褐色的浑浊小溪汇入大河的地方,被认为是最神圣的所在,人们在节日里来到这里,男人、女人和孩子们在河里沐浴。天很冷,但是他们似乎并不介意。沿路而来的寺庙僧侣赚了很多钱;丑陋便开始了。

He was a bearded man and wore a turban. He was in some kind of business and from the look of him he seemed to be prosperous, well-fed. He was slow in his walk and in his thinking. His reactions were still slower. He took several minutes to understand a simple statement. He said he had a guru of his own and, as he was passing by, he felt the urge to come up and talk about things that seemed to him important.

他是个蓄着胡须的男人,包着长头巾。他经营着某种生意,从外表看,他似乎家境富裕,营养充足。他走起路来和思考起来都很慢。他的反应还要更慢一些。他得花几分钟才能理解一句简单的话。他说他有一位自己的古鲁,当他路过这里的时候,他感觉到有一股冲动要到这里来,探讨一些对他来说很重要的事情。

"Why is it," he asked, "that you are against gurus? It seems so absurd. They know, and I don't know. They can guide me, help me, tell me what to do, and save me a lot of trouble and pain. They are like a light in the darkness, and one must be guided by them otherwise one is lost, confused and in great misery. They told me that I shouldn't come and see you, for they taught me the danger of those who do not accept the traditional knowledge. They said if I listened to others I would be destroying the house they had so carefully built. But the temptation to come and see you was too strong, so here I am! "

“你反对古鲁,”他问,“这是为什么?这看起来太荒谬了。他们知道,而我不知道。他们能指导我,帮助我,告诉我怎么做,而这能省去我一大堆的麻烦和痛苦。他们就像黑暗中的一盏灯,而一个人必须由他们指引否则就会迷失、困惑并深深痛苦。他们告诉我我不应该来见你,因为他们教导过我那些不接受传统知识的人很危险。他们说如果我听别人的,我就会摧毁他们如此精心搭建的房子。但是来这里见你的诱惑太强烈了,所以我就来了!”

He looked rather pleased at having yielded to temptation.

他看起来相当开心自己服从了诱惑。

What is the need of a guru? Does he know more than you do? And what does he know? If he says that he knows, he really doesn't know, and, besides, the word is not the actual state. Can anyone teach you that extraordinary state of mind? They may be able to describe it to you, awaken your interest, your desire to possess it, experience it - but they cannot give it to you. You have to walk by yourself, you have to take the journey alone, and on that journey you have to be your own teacher and pupil.

古鲁有什么必要?他知道的比你更多吗?他知道什么?如果他说他知道,实际上他并不知道,而且,言语并非真实的状态。有任何人能教你那非凡的心灵状态吗?他们也许能够向你描述,唤起你拥有它、体验它的兴趣和欲望——但是他们无法将它给予你。你得自己独立行走,你得独自踏上旅程,而且在那段旅程中,你必须做自己的老师和学生。

"But all this is very difficult, isn't it?" he said, "and the steps can be made easier by those who have experienced that reality."

“但是这一切都太难了,不是吗?”他说,“而体验过那真相的那些人可以让步伐变得更轻松些。”

They become the authority and all you have to do, according to them, is just to follow, to imitate, obey, accept the image, the system which they offer. In this way you lose all initiative, all direct perception. You are merely following what they think is the way to the truth. But, unfortunately, truth has no way to it.

他们变成了权威,而依照他们所言,你要做的一切,只是去追随、模仿、服从、接受他们提供的形象和体系。这样你就丧失了所有的主动性、所有直接的觉知。你只是跟随他们所认为的通向真理的道路。但是,不幸的是,真理根本无路可达。

"What do you mean?" he cried, quite shocked.

“你是什么意思?”他叫出来,非常震惊。

Human beings are conditioned by propaganda, by the society in which they have been brought up - each religion asserting that its own path is the best. And there are a thousand gurus who maintain that their method, their system, their way of meditation, is the only path that leads to truth. And, if you observe, each disciple tolerates, condescendingly, the disciples of other gurus. Tolerance is the civilized acceptance of a division between people - politically, religiously and socially. Man has invented many paths, giving comfort to each believer, and so the world is broken up.

人类被宣传、被他们成长于其中的社会所局限——每种宗教都坚称它自己拥有最佳道路。同时有千万个古鲁声称他们的方法、他们的体系、他们的冥想方式是通往真理的唯一途径。而且,如果你观察一下,每个信徒都心怀傲慢地宽容着其他古鲁的信徒们。宽容是对人们之间的分别的一种文明的接受——包括政治上、宗教上和社会上的分别。人类发明了许多途径,给每个信徒以慰藉,于是这个世界分崩离析。

"Do you mean to say that I must give up my guru? Abandon all he has taught me? I should be lost!"

“你的意思是不是我必须放弃我的古鲁?抛弃他教导我的一切?我会迷失的!“

But mustn't you be lost to discover? We are afraid to be lost, to be uncertain, and so we run after those who promise heaven in the religious, political or social fields. So they really encourage fear, and hold us prisoners in that fear.

但是要有所发现你难道不需要迷失吗?我们害怕迷失,害怕不确定,于是我们追随那些在宗教、政治和社会领域中承诺天堂的人。所以他们实际上是在助长恐惧,把我们囚禁在恐惧的牢笼里。

"But can I walk by myself?" he asked in an incredulous voice.

“但是我能自己走吗?”他用一种怀疑的语气问道。

There have been so many saviours, masters, gurus, political leaders and philosophers, and not one of them has saved you from your own misery and conflict. So why follow them? Perhaps there may be quite another approach to all our problems.

已经有太多的救主、大师、古鲁、政治领袖和哲学家了,而他们中的任何一个都没有把你从你自己的痛苦和冲突中解救出来。那为什么还要追随他们?也许还有另外一种完全不同的方式来解决我们所有的问题。

"But am I serious enough to grapple with all this on my own?"

“但是我有足够认真来独自应对这一切吗?”

You are serious only when you begin to understand - not through somebody else - the pleasures that you are pursuing now. You are living at the level of pleasure. Not that there must not be pleasure, but if this pursuit of pleasure is the whole beginning and end of your life, then obviously you can't be serious.

只有当你开始了解——不是通过别人——你现在追求的快乐时,你才是认真的。你生活在快乐的层面上。不是说不能有快乐,但是如果对快乐的这种追求是你整个生命的起点和终点的话,那么显然你就不可能认真。

"You make me feel helpless and hopeless."

“你让我觉得无助又无望。”

You feel hopeless because you want both. You want to be serious and you want also all the pleasures the world can give. These pleasures are so small and petty, anyway, that you desire in addition the pleasure which you call "God". When you see all this for yourself, not according to somebody else, then the seeing of it makes you the disciple and the master. This is the main point. Then you are the teacher, and the taught, and the teaching.

你觉得无望,因为你两者都想要。你想要认真,你也想要这个世界能给予的一切快乐。这些快乐是如此微不足道,以至于你还想要你称之为“神”的快乐。当你自己看到了这一切,而不是根据别人所说,那么看到这点就使你同时成为了弟子和老师。这就是重点。然后你既是老师,又是学生,又是教导本身。

"But," he asserted, "you are a guru. You have taught me something this morning, and I accept you as my guru."

“但是,”他坚称,“你是个古鲁。今天早上你教了我一些东西,而我认为你是我的古鲁。”

Nothing has been taught, but you have looked. The looking has shown you. The looking is your guru, if you like to put it that way. But it is for you either to look or not to look. Nobody can force you. But if you look because you want to be rewarded or fear to be punished, this motive prevents the looking. To see, you must be free from all authority, tradition, fear, and thought with its cunning words. Truth is not in some far distant place; it is in the looking at what is. To see oneself as one is - in that awareness into which choice does not enter - is the beginning and end of all search.

我没教你什么,而是你去看了。是这看展示给了你。这看就是你的古鲁,如果你愿意这么说的话。但是看还是不看,由你决定。没人能强迫你。但是如果你是因为想要奖赏或者害怕惩罚而去看的话,这动机就妨碍了看。要看到,你必须摆脱所有的权威、传统、恐惧和思想及其狡猾的语言。真理并不在遥远的某个地方;它就在对现状的观察中。如实地看到自己——在那没有选择涉入的觉察中——就是一切探索的起点与终点。

欢迎光临 克里希那穆提教育论坛 (http://j-krishnamurti.org.cn/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2