Q: I must control myself and others in order to make them fit 问:我必须控制自己和别人,以使其符合
the images I have about how life should be, 关于生活应当如何我所抱有的意象,
both for myself and others. 对自己和别人抱有的意象。
As long as there are images in my head there bound to be control. 只要我脑子里有意象,就必然会有控制。
K: Sir, if I may suggest, don't let's answer the question immediately. 克:先生,如果我可以建议的话,我们不要马上回答这个问题。
See what is implied in it, sir, control - why one controls at all? 看看其中隐含着什么,先生,控制——人究竟为什么控制?
Fear, the desire for security, facing something which I don't know, 恐惧,对安全的需要,面对我不知道的东西,
when I'm used to living a life always in the known, 当我习惯于始终在已知中生活,
and I control because I want to be certain, clear, 而我控制,是因为我想要确定、清晰,
there's no contradiction, conflict, and so on, and on, and on. 没有矛盾、冲突等等等等。
Now, perception of all that, the cause, 那么,看到了那一切,
the reason for control, 看到了控制的根源和由来,
would that clarify, help us to be free of controlling? 能否清除、帮助我们摆脱控制?
Knowing the cause of control, 知道了控制的原因,
will that free the mind from controls? 能使心灵摆脱控制吗?
Will the analysis of why we control 对于我们为什么控制的分析能否
help us to be free from control? 帮我们摆脱控制?
Q: I don't think so. 问:我不这么认为。
Q: Well, if you don't understand at all 问:哦,如果你完全不了解
that you are controlled or why you are controlled 你是受控的或者你为什么被控制,
I suppose you wouldn't even begin to be able to cope with it. 我认为你甚至都无法开始有能力去应对它。
On the other hand, I suppose that understanding could be superficial, 另一方面,我想那了解也许是肤浅的,
where you could recount analytically, clearly 你可以清晰地表述和分析
why you're controlled and never somehow to tackle... 你为什么受控制,却从未从某种程度上解决……
K: That's what I want to get at, sir. 克:那就是我想说的,先生。
Q: Aren't we looking at a fragment now? 问:我们现在不是在看一个碎片吗?
K: Yes, one fragment says to the other fragment: 克:是的,一个碎片对另一个碎片说:
I must control you. 我必须控制你。
That's all. 就是这样。
One fragment takes the superior position as the analyser, 一个碎片占据了高位,作为分析者、
the censor, the controller and suppresses everything else, 审查者、控制者,压制着其余的每个碎片,
controls it, or rejects it, or goes beyond it, overcomes it, and so on, 控制它、排斥它,或者超越它、战胜它,等等,
one fragment opposed to the other. This is what we call control. 一个碎片对立于另一个碎片。这就是我们所谓的控制。
Q: And analysing is often a means of control. 问:而分析通常是一种控制手段。
K: Yes, analysing is a means of control. 克:是的,分析是一种控制手段。
Now, if one questions all that, 那么,如果你质疑那一切,
that is, to find out a different way of living without this, 也就是说,为了发现一种不同的生活方式,其中丝毫没有这种东西,
how would you set about it? 你会如何开始?
Q: When I think of doing anything about it, it's more control. 问:当我想到要对此做些什么时,那是更多的控制。
Q: For one thing, by seeing all the time exactly what you are doing. 问:首先,始终确切地看到自己在做什么。
If you're not controlling all the time then you see you're not controlling. 如果你始终没有控制,那么就看到你自己没有在控制。
If you are controlling then you see you are controlling, 如果你在控制,那么就看到你自己在控制,
when you're aware of it. 当你对此有所觉察时。
Q: Wouldn't you have to experiment a little 问:你难道不需要稍微探索一下,
to see what the resistances are? 来看看有哪些抗拒?
You experiment by moving along, going along, 你试探着往前移动、往前走,
then you will see where you are lost, by experimenting. 然后通过试验你就会发现你在哪里迷失了。
K: Sir, would you put it: I want to find out 克:先生,你是不是想说:我想要发现
whether I can live in daily life without having any form of control. 我的日常生活中能否没有任何形式的控制。
I want to find out, I want to live it, not verbally, not theoretically, 我想弄清楚,我想这么生活,不是从语言上、不是从理论上,
but actually I want to live it. 而是我确实想这么生活。
Now what am I to do? How do I set about it? 那么我该怎么办?我要如何开始?
Q: Try it. 问:试一试。
K: How do I try it? I'll try it. All right. How do I try it? 克:我怎么试?我会试一试。好的。我怎么试?
Go on, sir, let's see. How do I try it? 继续,先生,我们来看看。我怎么试?
Q: I would try and go along with whatever life brings me, 问:无论生活带给我什么,我会试着与之共处,
in health, disease, in friendship, loss of friendship, 无论是健康、疾病、友谊或失去友谊,
to see what my resistances are. 看看我有哪些抗拒。
K: Which means what? 克:那是什么意思?
Q: Does it mean there's a separation still? 问:那是不是意味着依然有一种分裂?
K: No, sir. No, sir. 克:不,先生。不,先生。
Would I wait for environment or circumstances 我会等待环境或者境遇
to bring about this freedom from control? 带来这种从控制中的解脱吗?
Q: Well, you don't have to wait, 问:哦,你不必等,
there's environment and circumstance right now. 现在就有环境和条件。
No waiting. 不用等。
K: I want to live a life without control. 克:我想要过一种没有控制的生活。
First of all, I don't know what it means, 首先,我不知道那意味着什么,
because my life is all control and rejection, resistance. 因为我的生活全部是受控的,是拒绝和抵抗。
Now, how am I to find out? 现在,我要如何去发现?
How am I to move, experiment? 我要如何前进、探索?
Experiment being test it out. 探索是试验。
Q: It seems like the first thing to do is to start right now. 问:似乎首先要做的是现在就开始。
K: Yes, start right now. Let's start right now. What am I to do, sir? 克:是的,现在就开始。我们现在就开始。我该怎么办,先生?
How am I to find the key to this, the movement of this? 我要如何找到通往它的钥匙,找到这种运动?
You follow? 你明白吗?
What am I to do? 我要怎么办?
Q: Well, every time we do something it implies we have an idea or a goal, 问:哦,每次我们做什么,都意味着我们有个想法或者目标,
like we don't know what it is to not control... 就好像我们知道不控制是什么……
K: Do it, sir. Now I'm asking you. [Laughs] 克:这么做,先生。现在我在请求你。【众笑】
Find out how to live without control, now. 现在就弄清楚怎样没有控制地活着。
Do it now, see what is meant by that. 现在就做,看看那意味着什么。
Never to have contradiction, which means control. 永远没有矛盾,而矛盾意味着控制。
Right? I want to smoke, I don't want to smoke. 对吗?我想吸烟,我不想吸烟。
That's a very small affair, but I mean push that right through. 这是一件很小的事情,但我的意思是以此为例。
That's our way of thinking - I want to go, I don't want to go. 那就是我们的思维方式——我想去,我不想去。
And all that implies control, resistance. 那一切都意味着控制、抗拒。
Now I want to find a way of living which isn't at all that, 现在我想发现一种完全不是这样的生活方式,
because I see a life of that kind will inevitably stop freedom, 因为我看到那种生活必然会妨碍自由,
will inevitably continue, bring about a constant battle with myself, 必然会继续、会导致我与自己无休止的斗争,
within myself, with another, and so on, and on, and on. 与自己、与别人等等等等的战争。
So I want to live a life in which there is no control at all. 所以我想要过一种其中完全没有控制的生活。
And would I do then anything I wanted? 那样的话,我会为所欲为吗?
Then would I want anything? 那样的话,我还会想要任何东西吗?
Which means dependence on somebody? 而那意味着依赖某人?
Go on, sirs, I'm 继续,先生们,我在……
Push it, let's do it together. 向前推进,我们一起来。
I depend on you - wife, husband, society - 我依赖你——妻子、丈夫、社会——
I depend on you, psychologically, not, you know, obviously, 我心理上依赖你,你知道,显然不是说
postman and mail, the grocer, and so on - that's quite obvious. 邮差和邮政、杂货商等等——显然这些是需要的。
I depend on you, psychologically. 我从心理上依赖你。
And being dependent there is a sense of insecurity. 而依赖是一种不安全感。
That sense of insecurity, I want to ward off, resist, 那种不安全感,我想避开它,抵抗它,
and my dependence grows deeper, more, and more, and more, 而我的依赖变得越来越深、越来越多,
and therefore my control of myself more, and more, and more, 所以我对自己的控制越来越多、越来越多,
so I'm stuck there. 于是我困在了那儿。
So what shall I do? 所以我该怎么办?
Q: Sir? 问:先生?
To ask, maybe not as a question, but to ask 问一下,也许并不是作为一个问题,而是问一问
what it is that I'm depending on you for, 我依赖你是为了什么,
what it is that I hope to 我希望的是什么……
K: Sir, all that is going to take time. 克:先生,那一切都需要花时间。
That will take me many days. I don't want many days. 那将花费我好多天的时间。我不想花那么多天。
I don't want to spend the next forty years saying why, why, why? 我不想花费接下来的40年说为什么,为什么,为什么?
Because that's such an awful waste of time. 因为那是如此可怕的一种时间的浪费。
Whole analysis is a waste of time. Sorry, forgive me! [Laughter] 整个分析都是浪费时间。对不起,请原谅我!【笑】
Q: It seems like time is important here. 问:时间在这里似乎很重要。
K: This is it, sir, look. Control is time. 克:就是这样,先生,你看。控制是时间。
Q: Yes. It seems like it's focused on future time. 问:是的。似乎焦点集中在未来的时间上。
K: There it is, sir, do watch it, sir. Do watch it. 克:就在那里,先生,务必观察一下,先生。务必观察一下。
Q: In a certain sense, we匼N[inaudible] 问:在某种意义上,我们……【听不清】
K: No, I don't know. Don't assume anything, sir. 克:不,我不知道。不要假定任何事情,先生。
Q: I have it right now. 问:我现在就是这么想的。
K: For myself I want to end control - you follow? - 克:我自己想要终结控制——你明白吗?——
not through analysis because that doesn't bring it about, 不是通过分析,因为那毫无结果,
it has no meaning. 那没有意义。
So I say: what am I to do now to be free of control altogether? 所以我说:若要完全摆脱控制,现在我该怎么办?
Q: Sir, to be free of dependence. 问:先生,要摆脱依赖。
K: That's only one part of it, sir, isn't it? 克:那只是其中的一部分,先生,不是吗?
Q: A part. 问:一部分。
K: I don't want a censor, 克:我不想要审查者,
me, the censor, who is always watching, 我、审查者,那个始终在审视、
operating - do this, don't do that, 在运作的人——这么做,不要那么做,
justifying, condemning, suppressing, controlling - you follow? - 维护、谴责、压抑、控制——你明白吗?——
I want to kill that animal. [Laughs] Kill - you understand? 我想杀了那个动物。【众笑】杀掉——你明白吗?
- get rid of him, put him down the sewer, whatever you like. ——除掉他,把他塞进下水道,无论你想怎样。
Q: It sounds very violent. 问:那听起来非常暴力。
K: [Laughs] It does but it isn't quite like that. 克:【众笑】确实如此,但并不完全像这样。
Q: May I suggest, you know, something that goes through my mind, 问:我能不能建议,你知道,我脑子里闪过一个想法,
that perhaps freedom might involve not only freedom from dependence 也许自由并不仅仅包括从依赖中解脱,
but also freedom to depend, to be dependent. 而且也包括依赖、去依赖的自由。
That is, so often people feeling unfree are afraid to love someone 也就是说,感觉不自由的人们常常害怕去爱别人,
as a lover or as a friend because in loving them... 作为一个爱人或朋友去爱,因为在对他们的爱之中……
K: They get entangled, they get frightened, they get jealous, 克:他们纠缠于其中,他们变得害怕,变得嫉妒,
so they say, 'Please, I won't.' That's another form of resistance. 所以他们说,“拜托,我不会(去爱)。”那是另一种形式的抗拒。
Q: Still, if I see things as they are, there's no time for control. 问:还有,如果我如实地看到事情,其中就没有时间留给控制。
K: Why don't I see things as they are? 克:我为什么不如实看到事情呢?
Q: It seems like that happens when I get caught up 问:似乎当我困在我想要事情怎样之中时,
in how I want things to be, 那种情况就会发生,
then I lose touch with what they are. 这时我就失去了与它们本身的联系。
Because the 'me' gets in the way. 因为“我”挡在了路上。
K: Sir, you're giving a lot of explanations, if I may point out, 克:先生,你给出了一堆解释,如果我可以指出的话,
but you're not out of it. 你并没有从里面跳出来。
You're giving me, to a hungry man, a description of what food is. 你在给我,给一个饥饿的人,描述食物是什么。
Give me food, not description. 给我食物,而不是描述。
I see clearly in myself the censor operating, 我在自己身上清楚地看到审查者在运作,
the observer which says: do this, don't do that - control. 那个观察者说:这么做,不要那么做——控制。
Now, I can go on like that for the rest of my life, 那么,我可以余生继续这样生活下去,
knowing what the censor is, the past, the sense of wanting to be secure, 知道审查者是什么,是过去,是想要安全感,
respectable or non-respectable, and so on, so on, so on. 想要体面或者不体面,等等等等。
Now, I really want to find out a way of living 现在,我真的想要找到一种生活方式,
in which the censor doesn't operate at all, 其中审查者完全没有运作,
and yet have complete order. 而同时又有彻底的秩序。
Otherwise life is disorder - which it is now. 否则生活就是混乱——现在就是。
Right? So, what? 对吗?那么,怎么办?
There must be order - you follow, sir? - complete order, 必须要有秩序——你明白吗,先生?——彻底的秩序,
because if there is disorder, then the necessity of a censor. 因为如果存在失序,就需要一个审查者。
It's the censor who has created disorder. 是这个审查者制造了混乱。
So, what? I see that very clearly, the danger of a censor. 那该怎样呢?我非常清楚地看到了这一点,审查者的危险。
And also I see the danger that without the censor 我也看到了另一种危险,即如果没有审查者,
there might be total disorder, doing anything one wants. 也许会有彻底的混乱,人会为所欲为。
And the total disorder will inevitably create another kind of censor, 而这彻底的混乱不可避免地会制造出另一种审查者,
so I'm back again. 所以我又回来了。
And also I know how essential it is that there should be order in life. 同时我也知道生活中拥有秩序是多么重要。
I mean order in the sense not a blueprint, imitation, 我所说秩序的含义,不是蓝图、仿效、
conforming to a pattern - that's all silly. 遵从某个模式——那些都是愚蠢的。
So these are the things involved. 所以这些是其中涉及的事情。
If - not 'if' - when there is complete security, 如果——不是“如果”——当有了彻底的安全,
would there be the need of a censor? 还会需要审查者吗?
Q: I'm not sure I understand complete security. 问:我不确定我是否了解彻底的安全。
K: My question. 克:看我的问题。
Q: Complete security. What is complete security? 问:彻底的安全。什么是彻底的安全?
K: Does the censor arise because we are not secure 克:审查者产生,是不是因为我们不安全
- psychologically, physically, every way? ——心理上、身体上,各个方面都不安全?
We're not sane - let's put it that way. 我们不健全——让我们这么说。
So sanity means total security. 所以健全意味着彻底的安全。
Q: Does it? 问:是吗?
K: I'm asking. I say yes. 克:我在询问。我说是的。
Sanity means total security, psychologically. 健全意味着彻底的安全,心理上。
Q: Are you saying that or are you asking us? 问:是你这么说,还是你在问我们?
K: I'm saying it. [Laughs] [Laughter] 克:是我这么说。【众笑】【笑】
Q: [Inaudible] Security in the past. 问:【听不清】……过去中的安全。
K: Look, sir, yes, sir, I am still saying the same thing. 克:看,先生,是的,先生,我还在说同一件事情。
Q: What do you mean total security? K: What do I mean by total security? 问:你说的彻底安全是什么意思?克:我说的彻底安全是什么意思?
Q: Is there such a thing? 问:有这回事吗?
K: I'm going to find out. 克:我要去弄清楚。
Because the moment I'm completely sane there is no control. 因为一旦我彻底健全了,就没有了控制。
It's the neurotic that controls. 神经质才会去控制。 |