返回列表 发帖

教育系列讨论二字幕——MUTE译

K: What shall we talk about?
克:我们应该谈些什么?

What would you like to talk about? S: Death.
你们想谈些什么?学生:死亡。

K: You want to talk about death?
克:你想讨论死亡?

Aren't you too young to talk about death?
难道你这样的年龄讨论死亡不是太早了吗?

S: Let's continue with what we were talking about last time.
学:那么让我们继续上一次所谈的内容。

K: What were we talking about last time?
克:我们上一次谈到了什么?

S: Prejudice and insecurity. K: Oh, yes.
学:偏见和不安全感。克:噢,是的。

Have you got a lot of prejudices?
你们心存很多偏见吗?

You have, haven't you? Lots of them.
你们有各种的偏见,是吗?心存很多偏见。

Are they fun?
这些偏见有趣吗?

Do you like them?
你们喜欢这些偏见吗?

You know what prejudice does?
你们知道偏见对我们做了些什么吗?

Suppose I am prejudiced against whom...
假设我对某人心存偏见...

...for whom would you like me to have prejudices, against whom?
...
你们想让我对谁心存偏见呢,对哪一位?

Don't you suggest some?
你们难道不给点建议吗?

Suppose I have prejudices against Rajesh...
假设我对瑞吉士心存偏见...

...there he is, I caught his eye!
...
他就在那里,我吸引到了他的注意力!

Do you know what happens if I have prejudices against him?
如果我对他心存偏见,你们知道会发生什么事情吗?

I won't understand him, will I?
我将无法理解他,是不是?

My prejudices come in the way in understanding Rajesh.
在我去理解瑞吉士的过程中,我的偏见就会挡路。

S: Prejudices for him?
学:那如果对他心存好的偏见呢?

K: You come over here.
克:你到这里来。

Come on!
来吧!

S: Prejudices for him? K: Against him.
学:如果是对他有好的偏见呢?克:对他心存偏见。

Either I have prejudices for...
无论是我对他心存好的偏见...

...I like him and therefore I have prejudices in his favour...
...
我喜欢他,因此这样的偏见是对他有利的...

...or I don't like him, I have prejudices against him. Right?
...
还是我不喜欢他,我对他有不好的偏见。对吗?

Now, what happens if I have prejudices?
那么,当我心存偏见,会发生什么事情?

S: You don't understand him.
学:你就无法理解他。

K: I don't understand him, I don't see what he says clearly.
克:我无法理解他,我无法清晰地理解他所说的话。

I don't want to understand him. Right?
我不想理解他。对吗?

So it is like a dark glass - you understand?
所以,这就像一块黑色的玻璃--你们明白吗?

If I have a dark glass in the window I can't see the sun clearly, can I?
如果我的窗户玻璃是黑色的,我就无法清晰地看到太阳,是不是?

S: No. K: So prejudices act that way.
学:是的。克:所以偏见就是那样运作的。

I have prejudices against him, they become a block.
我对他心存偏见,偏见就变成了一种障碍。

Right? So I don't understand him.
是吗?所以我无法理解他。

Now, will you drop your prejudices if I drop mine?
那么,如果我放下我的偏见,你愿意放下你的偏见吗?

Take time over it.
好好考虑一下。

Will all of you drop your prejudices and try to understand somebody?
你们所有的人愿意放下你们的偏见,试着去理解一个人吗?

If you have prejudices in my favour you won't understand me. Right?
如果你们心存对我有利的偏见,你们将无法理解我。对吗?

If you have them against me you won't understand me either. Right?
如果你们心存对我不利的偏见,你们同样会无法理解我。对吗?

So will you drop your prejudices, will you?
所以你们愿意放下你们的偏见吗,可以吗?

S: When both of us have prejudice against each other...
学:当我们对彼此都心存偏见的时候...

...then how do we know what... [inaudible]
...
我们又怎么知道什么...(无法听清的)

K: First, don't have prejudices and learn what happens.
克:首先,不要心存偏见,然后看看会发生什么事情。

Right? Will you learn?
对吗?你们愿意去学习吗?

Or are you too young?
或者你们还太年轻?

S: But it's difficult to drop opinions when you form them already.
学:但是当你已经形成某些看法之后,想要放下它们是很困难的。

K: You can drop them, can't you?
克:你能够放下的,对吗?

S: How?
学:怎么放下呢?

K: Have you opinions against me, for me?
克:你对我心存不利或者有利的偏见吗?

Have you?
有这样的偏见吗?

S: Sir, if we expect something out of you do we have an opinion about you?
学:先生,如果我们对您有所期待,这是对您的一种意见吗?

K: No, no. If you expect me to give you good marks...
克:不,不。如果你因为我喜欢你...

...because I like you then that is a prejudice.
...
就期待我给你好的分数,那么那就是一种偏见。

S: Suppose I expect you to not make one hour boring.
学:假设我期待你让我们在一个小时里不感到无聊。

Is it a prejudice?
这是偏见吗?

K: I don't understand the last word. Slowly.
克:我不明白你说的最后一个词。慢慢讲。

S: Suppose I expect you not to make one hour boring.
学:假设我期待你让我们在一个小时里不感到无聊。

I have one hour with you in class, let's say.
比如说,你要和我们在课堂上共度一个小时。

And I don't want it to be boring.
并且,我不想度过无聊的一个小时。

K: You don't want it to be boring - so what?
克:你不想这一个小时无聊--然后怎样呢?

S: So is it a prejudice, like I am expecting it not to be boring?
学:所以这是偏见吗,就像我这样期待它不会无聊?

K: That's not a prejudice, old boy.
克:那不是偏见,孩子。

S: Like when you prejudge. K: Prejudge is not prejudice.
学:就像当你预先判断的时候。克:预先判断并非偏见。

It is almost a prejudice.
那和偏见很相似。

If I prejudge you, I can't see you directly, can I?
如果我预先判断你,我就不能够立即理解你,是吗?

S: Sir, isn't it a prejudice...
学:先生,如果我期待上课是有趣的...

...if I expect the class to be interesting?
...
难道那不是一种偏见吗?

K: You come over here, that's your punishment!
克:你到这边来,这是对你的惩罚!

S: Isn't it a prejudice...
学:如果我期待上课是有趣的,却发现它很无趣...

...if I expect the class to be interesting and I find it isn't?
...
难道那不是一种偏见吗?

K: I saw you the other day, didn't I, here?
克:我前几天在这里见到过你,是吗?

S: Yes. K: Yes, all right.
学:是的。克:是的,确实。

What were you saying?
你刚才说的是什么?

S: Isn't a prejudice if I expect the class...
学:如果我期待上课是有趣的,却发现它很无趣...

...to be interesting and I find that it is boring.
...
难道那不是一种偏见吗?

K: That is not prejudice.
克:那不是偏见。

I want to teach you something about the flowers.
我想要教给你有关鲜花的一些东西。

Look at all those flowers. Marvellous, isn't it.
看一看所有的那些鲜花。多么美妙,是吗?

I want to talk to you about it, and you might find it boring.
我想和你谈论鲜花的美妙,但是你可能觉得那很无聊。

That's not prejudice.
那并非偏见。

S: But then it is prejudging the class.
学:但是那是预先判断了那一节课。

K: No, I want to tell you - look at those beautiful flowers...
克:不,我想要告诉你--看一看那些美丽的鲜花...

...how nice they look, and the green lawn...
...
它们看起来多么美好,还有那绿色的草地...

...green hedge, I want to show you them.
...
那绿色的矮树篱,我想让你们看看那些。

S: But I am not expecting anything out of them.
学:但是我对它们没有任何的期待。

K: I am asking you to look and you don't even look.
克:我在请你去看一看鲜花,而你连看也不看。

That's not prejudice.
那不是偏见。

I am asking you - look at all those flowers...
我在请你--看一看所有的那些鲜花...

...and the green, the different kinds of green, and the yellow flowers.
...
还有那些绿颜色,不同的绿颜色,还有那些黄色的鲜花。

And then I say, look at all the people all round you...
然后我说,看一看你周围所有的人...

...all these boys and girls, look at them carefully.
...
所有的男孩子和女孩子,用心地看看他们。

All of them - those boys who are sitting out there who won't talk...
看他们所有的人--那些坐在后面一言不发的男孩子们...

...and all those people who are sitting here, watch them all.
...
还有坐在这边的所有的人,观察他们所有的人。

Is that a prejudice? Or you don't want to watch them...
是因为偏见吗?还是说因为你不想观察他们...

...therefore you consider it is a terrible bore.
...
因此你认为那是非常无聊的事情。

S: No, I don't know anything, so I...
学:不是,我什么也不知道,所以我...

K: Just watch them. You don't know anything about those flowers, do you?
克:只是观察那些花。你对那些花一无所知,不是吗?

S: No. K: You see the beauty of it?
学:是的。克:你看得到花的美吗?

You see the beauty of it all?
你能看得到其中全部的美吗?

The green, the varieties of flowers, colours.
那些绿色,不同种类的鲜花,色彩。

Does colour mean anything to you?
色彩对你具有意义吗?

S: Well, it looks beautiful on trees and flowers.
学:嗯,树木和鲜花的颜色看起来很美。

K: No, I said colour...
克:不,我是说色彩...

...not the flower which is specially beautiful, just colour.
...
不是特别美丽的鲜花的颜色,仅仅是色彩本身。

Now, who has got the brightest colour here?
那么,在座哪个人颜色最明亮?

That girl with the red jersey.
那个穿红色运动衫的女孩子。

Does colour mean anything to you?
色彩对你们具有意义吗?

S: It can mean so many things.
学:它可能意味着非常多的东西。

K: No, I am asking you about one thing, old girl.
克:不,我只就这一件事在问你,孩子。

I am asking you, sirs, out there...
我在问你们,那边的先生们...

...do all those colours in this valley and the rock on that hill...
...
这个山谷里的那些色彩,还有那座山丘上的岩石...

...I don't know what you call that hill up there...
...
我不知道你们把那里的那座山丘叫什么...

...and that rock early in the morning with the sunlight on it...
...
还有清晨阳光洒在那岩石上...

...does it mean anything to you?
...
这一切对你们有意义吗?

When you look at all this beauty around you, does it mean anything?
当你环顾周围的一切美景,那对你有意义吗?

Do you appreciate all this extraordinary valley?
你们能欣赏这座山谷的一切非凡之美吗?

S: (Inaudible)
学:(无法听清的)

K: Come over here, there is plenty of room!
克:到这边来,我这儿有足够大的地方!

Sit up here. Come on, old girl, don't be shy, there.
坐在这儿,来吧,孩子,不要害羞,好的。

That's good.
很好。

S: Like when you see them every morning you feel happy...
学:就像每天早晨你看到山谷的美景,你感到开心...

...it means you have seen something nice.
...
那意味着你看到了一些美好的事物。

So it really means something to you, your heart can rejoice.
所以那对你确实有意义,你的心能够因此获得喜悦。

K: But do you get used to it? S: Yes, you get used to seeing it.
克:但是你会对它习以为常吗?学:会的,看得多了就会习以为常。

K: Why do you get used to it? S: Because you see it everyday.
克:你为什么会习以为常呢?学:因为你每天都能见到。

K: I know. Just listen.
克:我知道了。听我说。

If you get used to me and I get used to you, what happens?
如果你对我习以为常,我也对你习以为常,会发生什么事情?

I don't listen to what you are talking about...
我不再倾听你所讲的话...

...and you don't listen to what I am talking about. Will you?
...
你也不再倾听我所讲的话。是吗?

S: I don't get that. Like, you can always listen to someone.
学:我不会那样的。就像,你永远都可以去倾听一个人。

I may be going with one person every day...
我可能每天都和一个人走在一起...

...but still I may know that person, it means not know that person.
...
但是仍然可以了解那个人,也就是说我其实还不了解他。

K: Of course. But don't get used to anything.
克:当然。但是请不要对任何事物习以为常。

That way you keep alive.
那样的话,你就可以保持生机勃勃的生活。

If you look at those flowers - look at them, turn around...
如果你看那些鲜花--看一看,转过头去...

...and look at them, carefully look at them.
...
看一看那些鲜花,非常用心地看。

Look at Kabir, sitting out there...
看一看卡波尔,他就坐在那里...

...and Mrs Jayakar and Radhikaji, there, against the background.
...
还有贾亚卡尔夫人和瑞迪卡吉,就在那边,在背景前面。

Isn't that beautiful?
那不是很美吗?

And do you get used to it?
那么你对此习以为常吗?

S: Yes. K: Yes, why?
学:是的。克:是的,为什么?

S: Because I see it everyday.
学:因为我每天都看得到。

K: No, beauty is not seeing something every day.
克:不,美不是每天都看到一样的东西。

Beauty is that... later in the day will be totally different, won't it?
美是...今天晚一些时候又会是完全不同的美,难道不是吗?

S: Yes.
学:是的。

K: In the mid-afternoon it will be much more bright...
克:在午后,山谷会更加明亮...

...and towards the evening it will have...
...
而且快到了黄昏时,它会有...

...totally different colours, won't it?
...
完全不同的色彩,不是吗?

Can you get used to it? You can't, can you?
你能对此习以为常吗?你不能,不是吗?

So don't get used to anything...
所以不要对任何事物习以为常...

...don't get used to your father, your mother, or to your teachers.
...
不要对你的父亲习以为常,不要对你的母亲或者老师们习以为常。

S: But then we have a routine in school...
学:但是我们在学校里有每日的常规...

...then we get used to it, what is different in a routine every day?
...
然后就习以为常了,每日的常规又有什么不同呢?

K: Your mind then becomes routine...
克:那样你的头脑就变得程序化了...

...your mind then goes round and round like a gramophone.
...
接着你的头脑就像留声机一样转圈子了。

S: Well that doesn't mean that I think along the same lines every day...
学:可那并不意味着我每天都依循同样的思路思考...

...but the routine, the things we do every day, we get up at 5:30...
...
但是每日的常规,我们每天做的事,早晨530起床...

...we go for breakfast, we go for classes, that's a routine.
...
我们去吃早餐,我们去上课,那些是每日的常规。

K: No, wait a minute. Wait a minute. Why do you call it routine?
克:不,等一下,等一下。你为什么叫它常规?

S: Because that's what happens every day.
学:因为那就是每天发生的事情。

K: Listen to what I am talking about, don't be so quick to answer.
克:仔细听我正在说的话,不要那么快的作答。

Why do you call it routine? S: Because we do it every day.
你为什么叫它常规?学:因为我们每天都是做那些事情。

K: Do you do everything every day and call it routine...
克:你是每天做所有的那些事情然后称它们为常规呢...

...or are you aware of what you are doing every day?
...
还是每天你都意识到你在做哪些事情?

Know what you are doing? Get up in the morning at 5:30...
你能知道自己正在做什么吗?早晨530起床...

...cleaning and all the rest of it,
...
洗漱然后其余的事情,

are you aware that you are doing it?
你能意识到你正在做的事情吗?

Do you pay attention to what you are doing?
你全神贯注于你正在做的事情吗?

Or do you do it casually and get on?
还是说你只是随随便便地做着和继续着?

S: Yes, I do it casually. S: Not always.
学:是的,我就是随随便便地做。学:不一定。

K: I am asking you - do you do this every day...
克:我在问你--你每天都是这样吗...

...conscious, aware, know what you are doing, when you are...
...
有意识地,明明了了地知道你正在做的事情:你正在...

...cleaning your teeth do you know you are cleaning your teeth?
...
刷牙,你知道你正在刷牙吗?

Do you watch very carefully? S: I don't.
你是否非常用心地观察?学:我不是。

K: Now, why?
克:那么,为什么?

If you watch carefully it never becomes routine.
如果你用心地观察,没有什么会变成常规。

You understand what I am saying?
你明白我所说的吗?

Are you still here? Good!
你还在听我说吗?非常好!

Do you watch carefully everything that you are doing every day?
你非常用心地观察你每天正在做的每一件事吗?

Why?
为什么?

If you watch everything you do every day it gives you much more...
如果你观察你每天做的每一件事,那些事将给予你更多...

...aware, you watch everything then.
...
那么请有所觉察,观察每一件事物。

You watch all those tamarind trees with their fruit...
你观察所有的那些罗望子树还有它们的果实...

...and that rock over there.
...
还有那边的岩石。

It is an extraordinary thing to watch.
那观察起来是多么的不同凡响。

S: It is.
学:是的。

K: Will you do it? S: I do it.
克:你会去那样做吗?学:我会的。

K: No. Every day, every minute, not just casually one day.
克:不。每一天,每一分钟,而不仅仅是有一天随随便便地做一下。

All the time watch, all the time watch people, watch what they say...
始终都观察,始终都观察人们,观察他们说了什么...

...how they dress, and all the rocks here, and the trees.
...
他们的穿着,还有山谷的所有岩石,树木。

You learn much more by watching.
通过观察你能学到更多。

Will you do it?
你会那么做吗?

If you say to me you will do it...
如果你对我说你会那样做...

...if you promise you must keep your promise.
...
如果你承诺,你就必须信守你的承诺。

Otherwise don't promise. Right?
否则的话,请不要承诺。好吗?

Don't promise if you can't do it.
如果你做不到,请不要承诺。

Will you promise? Careful! S: No.
你会承诺吗?认真一点!学:我不能承诺。

K: Quite right!
克:非常正确!

So, when you don't watch carefully everything you are doing...
所以,当你无法用心地观察你正在做的每一件事...

...what you say, how you dress...
...
观察你所说的话,观察你的穿着...

...how you clean your teeth and so on...
...
观察你如何刷牙,等等...

...your mind becomes routine, mechanical.
...
你的头脑就会变得程式化,机械化。

You understand?
你明白吗?

If your mind becomes watchful...
如果你的头脑变得全神贯注...

...then everything you are doing becomes much more fun.
...
那么你所做的每一件事都会变得更加有趣味。

S: Sir, but isn't it something mechanical even if you watch it?
学:先生,即使你观察它,但是它仍然是机械化的事物,不是吗?

K: No, it depends how you watch.
克:不,那取决于你如何观察。

Nothing becomes mechanical if you know how to watch.
如果你懂得如何去观察,什么都不会变得机械化。

S: How do you watch? K: I am going to tell you.
学:您是怎么观察的?克:我正要告诉你。

Will you do it first? S: I'll try.
首先,你会去做吗?学:我尽量。

K: Don't try, do it. S: That's easy to say.
克:不要尽量,去做。学:那说起来容易。

K: I know it is easy.
克:我知道说起来很容易。

You all want to be very comfortable, easy.
你们都想要非常舒适,简易。

But I will tell you how to watch - not 'how', what it means 'watching'.
但是我会告诉你如何观察--不是“如何”,而是“观察”意味着什么。

I will tell you what it means to watch.
我会告诉你观察意味着什么。

Will you follow it carefully?
你们可以用心地听我讲吗?

S: Sir, then won't it become a routine to watch?
学:先生,那么难道观看本身不会变成一种例行公事吗?

K: Of course, not. But I haven't told you what it means to watch.
克:当然不会。但是我还没有告诉你观察意味着什么。

Then you can call it routine or not. Right?
然后你可以决定是否要称它为例行公事。好吗?

Will you learn from what I am saying?
你们会从我所讲的话当中学习吗?

Learn, find out, will you?
去学习,探索,好吗?

I have asked you, look at those flowers...
我已经要求过你,看一看那些鲜花...

...see the beauty of it, see the colour of it...
...
看到它的美,看到它的色彩...

...enjoy it, have fun with it.
...
欣赏它,从中获得乐趣。

Don't hurt them. You know? I'll tell you.
不要伤害它们。你们知道吗?我会告诉你们。

Scientists, biologists...
科学家们,生物学家们...

...have discovered that trees communicate with each other.
...
已经发现,树木与树木间是存在彼此的交流的。

If one tree gets diseased - you understand...
如果有一棵树染上了疾病--你们知道...

...it tells the others, 'Be careful, guard yourself against me'.
...
它将告诉其它的树,“当心,不要被我传染了”。

Do you understand? They are much more...
你们明白吗?在某些方面...

...intelligent than human beings in some ways...
...
它们比人类有智慧多了...

...because when you are ill you don't tell the others, 'Keep away from me!'
...
因为当你们生病的时候,你们不会告诉其他的人,“离我远点儿!”

S: Of course you do, sir. K: You do?
学:我们当然会那样做的,先生。克:你们会那样做吗?

S: If you have conjunctivitis... K: Wait, wait!
学:如果你得了结膜炎...克:等一下,等一下!

Now I am going to show you how to watch, will you learn?
现在我要告诉你如何观察,你会学习吗?

S: Yes, sir. K: Yes? Good.
学:是的,先生。克:是吗?很好。

First you watch with your eyes, don't you, look.
首先你用眼睛来看,不是吗,看那里。

Look at those... tamarind trees, look at them, look at them.
看那些...罗望子树,看那些树,看。

Do you see them? S: Yes, sir.
你看到那些树了吗?学:是的,先生。

K: Now wait, watch it.
克:那么等一下,观察它。

And you see the rocks behind there? S: Yes, sir.
你看到后面的那些岩石了吗?学:是的,先生。

K: Now how do you watch it?
克:那么你是怎么观察的?

Are you thinking while you are watching?
你在观察的同时也在思考吗?

S: No, sir.
学:没有,先生。

K: You have learnt something, haven't you?
克:你已经学到了一些东西,是吗?

That you are not thinking when you are watching.
那就是当你在观察时,你并没有同时在思考。

S: Right. K: Right?
学:是的。克:是吗?

Then do you watch with your eyes only?
那么你只是用你的双眼在观察吗?

Or do you watch altogether?
或者你是在全然地观察?

Not only with your eyes, but the feel of it, the colour of it...
不仅仅用你的眼睛,还有它所带来的感受,它的色彩...

...the depth of the trees, the shadows...
...
树的浓密程度,它的树影...

...the little shadows, do you see?
...
那些小小的树影,看到了吗?

Do you see those dragonflies flying? S: Yes, sir.
你看到那些飞舞的蜻蜓了吗?学:是的,先生。

K: So you see everything when you are watching.
克:所以当你观察的时候,你就看到所有的一切。

Right? Agree?
是吗?同意吗?

So when you watch very carefully, that way I am showing you...
所以当你非常用心地观察时,用我告诉你的方式观察...

...then you watch me, or watch somebody else...
...
来观察我,或者观察其他的人...

...very carefully, what happens?
...
非常用心地,那么会发生什么事情?

You have a friend here, haven't you? S: Yes, sir.
在座有你的朋友,是吗?学:是的,先生。

K: Watch him. S: Yes, sir.
克:观察他。学:好的,先生。

K: Now who is your friend, that boy? S: Yes, sir.
克:那么谁是你的朋友,那个男孩吗?学:是的,先生。

K: Right. I thought so, I thought it was your friend...
克:好的。我想也是,我想那就是你的朋友...

...you two sat together and smiled together. Right?
...
你们俩刚才坐在一起而且一起笑。是吗?

Now watch him, or watch somebody else.
那么观察他,或者观察其他的人。

Carefully watch them, how they sit, how they look.
非常用心地观察他们,他们是怎么坐的,他们的样子。

S: I can't watch them, sir, they are smiling.
学:我不能观察他们,先生,他们在笑。

K: They are smiling? Then see them smiling.
克:他们在笑?那就看他们笑的样子。

So that when you watch very carefully...
那么当你非常用心地观察的时候...

...you begin to see things you have never seen before.
...
你就会开始看到你从未看到过的东西。

Right?
对吗?

If you watched that carefully, you saw all those dragonflies...
如果你刚才非常用心地观察了,你一定看到了那些蜻蜓...

...you saw the shades deep down...
...
你看到了树木深处的树影...

...there is a man going by on a bicycle, do you see it?
...
那里有个人骑着自行车经过,你看到了吗?

S: Yes, sir. K: So when you watch...
学:是的,先生。克:所以当你观察时...

...you begin to learn much more.
...
你就开始学到更多的东西。

Now, the next step is you not only watch with your eyes...
那么,下一步是你不但要用眼睛来观察...

...but also listen to all the noise going on.
...
而且要倾听存在着的所有声音。

Listen carefully.
用心地倾听。

People coughing, people moving, never sitting still. Right?
有人正在咳嗽,有人正在走动,从来都没有安安静静地坐着。是吗?

Watch and listen. Right?
观察和倾听。是吗?

So watch, listen and learn.
那么,请观察,倾听,并且学习。

S: Is there learning while you are watching and listening?
学:当你在观察和倾听的时候,你学到东西了吗?

K: I haven't finished, old boy.
克:我还没有讲完,孩子。

Find out what learning is.
搞清楚什么是学习。

Now listen carefully, listen carefully.
现在用心地倾听,用心地倾听。

When you watch and when you listen...
当你观察的时候,当你倾听的时候...

...you are learning, not merely memorising...
...
你就是在学习,不仅仅是在记忆...

...you are learning to see all the things that are happening around you.
...
你还在学习在你的周围正在发生的一切事情。

Right? Are you doing it?
是吗?你在这样做吗?

Who is there? Look...
谁在那边?看...

You learn from books, don't you...
你们从书本上学习,是吗...

...or you learn mathematics?
...
或者你们学习数学?

S: Yes, sir. K: What else are you learning?
学:是的,先生。克:你们还学习什么?

S: History, we are learning biology...
学:历史,我们还在学生物...

...learning chemistry, learning geography.
...
化学,还有地理...

K: God, so much already? English, mathematics...
克:天啊,已经在学那么多了?英语,数学...

...geography, history, chemistry.
...
地理,历史,化学。

S: Biology. K: Biology.
学:生物。克:生物。

S: Physics. K: You must be a great man!
学:物理。克:你一定是个了不起的人物了!

Now - I am joking, right? S: Yes, sir.
那么--我是在开玩笑,对吗?学:是的,先生。

K: When you are learning what is happening?
克:当你在学习的时候,发生了什么事情?

You have got a book, your educator points out, the teacher informs you.
你会有课本,你的老师会指出要点,老师教导你。

You are memorising, aren't you? S: Yes, sir.
你在记忆,是吗?学:是的,先生。

K: Memorising, which is what?
克:记忆,那是什么?

You are recording as it is recorded on a gramophone plate. Right?
你在做记录,就像歌曲被刻录在留声机的唱片上。是吗?

You understand what I am saying? S: Yes, sir.
你们明白我所说的话吗?学:是的,先生。

K: You have a gramophone, haven't you in your school?
克:你们的学校里有一部留声机,是吗?

S: Yes, sir.
学:是的,先生。

K: So you put on a plate and it repeats, repeats, repeats.
克:所以当你把唱片放上去,它就会重复,重复,再重复。

Right? S: Right.
是吗?学:是的。

K: Are you doing that? S: While studying, yes.
克:你们在那样做吗?学:在学习的时候,是的。

K: You are memorising, not learning.
克:你们在记忆,那不是学习。

You are memorising. Right?
你们是在记忆。是吗?

Because at the end of the school...
因为学校学期末的时候...

...at the end of the term you are going to be examined.
...
在学期的末尾,你们将要参加考试。

And you must answer quickly, so you memorise.
并且你们必须快速作答,所以你们就记忆。

Now, memorising is like a gramophone record...
那么,记忆就像留声机唱片...

...repeating, repeating, repeating. Right?
...
重复,重复,再重复。对吗?

S: Yes. K: Is that learning?
学:是的。克:那是学习吗?

S: I mean, when you are beginning to memorise then you are learning.
学:我的意思是,当你开始记忆的时候,你就是在学习。

K: No. At the beginning. Afterwards you repeat.
克:不,开始是。但是随后你就是在重复。

S: Yes, afterwards it is not learning.
学:是的,随后就不是学习了。

K: Not learning. At last! You got it?
克:不是学习。终于!你们明白了吗?

Have you learnt it?
你们学到了吗?

Do you see something?
你们明白一些什么了吗?

That is, I don't know... what language? German.
就是说,我不知道...以什么语言为例呢?德语。

I don't know German, I speak Italian, French, a little bit of English...
我不懂德语,我可以说意大利语,法语,一点儿英语...

...a little bit of French, a little bit of Italian.
...
一点儿法语,一点儿意大利语。

Therefore If I want to learn German I have to study it, haven't I?
因此如果我想掌握德语,我就必须要学习它,是吗?

I have to look at the words...
我必须要看那些单词...

...how they are pronounced, the meaning of the word...
...
它们如何发音,它们的含义是什么...

...and the irregular verbs and so on. All that I study - memorise.
...
以及那些不规则动词,等等。所有那些我要学的--就是记忆。

Right?
是吗?

My brain records everything - all the German words...
我的大脑记录所有的东西--所有的德语单词...

...the syntax, the irregular verbs, it memorises, that is, it records.
...
语法,不规则动词,头脑在记忆,也就是说,头脑在记录。

The brain records, and then at the end of four months...
大脑记录着,于是四个月结束了...

...three months, or whatever it is, you begin to speak German.
...
或者三个月,不管是几个月,你就开始讲德语了。

Right?
是吗?

When you record like that all the time...
当你始终像那样记录时...

...it is like a gramophone which is recording.
...
那就像一部留声机在记录。

S: So it is just like memorising, it is not learning.
学:所以那就像记忆,而不是学习。

K: That's it, that's all I am saying.
克:就是这样,这就是我要说的。

Memorising is not learning.
记忆不是学习。

S: Then by watching you learn. K: Wait, first see it.
学:那么通过观察你是在学习。克:等一下,首先搞清楚它。

First see - memorising is not learning.
首先要搞清楚--记忆不是学习。

S: Until you finish... K: Wait!
学:直到你完成...克:等一下!

Darling, you are too quick.
亲爱的,你太快了。

But do you see this fact, that memorising is not learning?
但是你明白这个事实吗,那就是,记忆不是学习?

Memorising is repetition because you have to pass an exam...
记忆就是不断的重复,因为你必须要通过考试...

...you have got to get a job.
...
你必须要找到一份工作。

Right? So learning is not memorising.
是吗?所以学习不是记忆。

So what is learning then?
那么什么是学习呢?

S: Sir, does it mean that each time you watch you are learning something?
学:先生,那是否意味着,每一次的观察你都是在学习?

K: That's right.
克:是的。

Right, you have said something true.
是的,你所说的是正确的。

Each time you watch you are learning, because things change.
你每一次的观察都是在学习,因为事物都在发生改变。

You understand?
明白吗?

If you are watching those trees early in the morning...
如果你在清晨时观察那些树...

...they have quite a different light, haven't they?
...
它们被笼罩在完全不同的光里,是吗?

And later on in the day it has a different light...
接着在白天,又会有不同的光...

...there is a different movement, different shades...
...
它们会有不同的晃动,不同的树影...

...different colour, you are learning.
...
不同的色彩,于是你就是在学习。

S: Each time you... K: Come over here!
学:每一次你...克:到这边来!

I am going to have all the class round here.
我将会让整个班的学生都坐到我这里来。

Give her some room, old boy.
孩子,给她让一些地方。

S: Sir, when you see people, when you see them every day...
学:先生,当你看到人们,当你每天都看到他们...

K: Don't get used to seeing people every day. Watch them.
克:不要因为你每天见到他们就习以为常。观察他们。

S: But there isn't anything new in them always.
学:但是并非人们身上总有新鲜的东西。

K: How do you know? S: Sir, I don't think so.
克:你怎么知道?学:先生,我认为不是那样的。

Every time the same ones...
每一次都是一样的人...

K: Do you know your body cells are changing, so people are changing.
克:你知道你身体的细胞在改变吗,所以人们在不断地改变。

I am not the same as you saw me yesterday, I may have moved...
我和你昨天见到的我是不同的,我可能搬家了...

...I may have changed, I might do all kinds of things.
...
我可能改变了,我可能做了各种各样的事情。

I am a living being, it is only dead things that don't change.
我是一个活人,只有死亡的事物才不会发生改变。

S: And if we watch them then we can find out?
学:那么如果我们观察的话,我们就会有所发现吗?

K: That's right. If you watch them you learn...
克:是的。如果你观察他们,你就会学到一些东西...

...because then as you watch those trees...
...
因为当你观察那些树的时候...

...the first thing in the morning they are different. Right?
...
在清晨它们立即就会呈现不同的样貌。是吗?

Different colour, different movement, different depth of light.
不同的色彩,不同的晃动,深浅不同的光。

Right? Different shadows.
是吗?不同的树影。

It is just like that human being are.
那就和人类所展现的不同是一样的。

S: Sir, I see the change in the trees and that...
学:先生,我能看到树的不同变化还有...

...but I don't know why I don't see it in people.
...
但是我不知道为什么我看不到人们身上的变化。

K: Because you are lazy...
克:因为你的懒惰...

...because you don't want to look carefully at people.
...
因为你不想用心地看一看人们。

Right? S: Yes.
是吗?学:是的。

K: So watching, listening, and therefore learning, not memorising.
克:所以去观察,倾听,因此学习到一些东西,而不是去记忆。

Is that clear? S: Yes, sir.
清楚了吗?学:是的,先生。

K: But do it.
克:但是要去做。

Now, in India specially they have a lot of theories, about God...
现在,特别是在印度,关于上帝,天堂以及有关那些的种种...

...about heaven, about - a lot of it, nothing to do with their daily life.
...
人们有一大堆的理论,但是那些和我们的日常生活却完全无关。

Right?
是吗?

The daily life counts much more than your gods and theories and...
每一天的生活比你的各种神和理论要更为重要...

Right? So watch your life.
是吗?所以请观察你的生活。

When you promise something always keep it.
当你承诺的时候,永远都要信守它。

So don't promise without realising that you must keep it.
所以如果你没有意识到你必须信守你的承诺,请不要承诺。

S: So you watch what you say, you watch what you are doing.
学:所以你必须观察你所说,所做。

Like when I watch a tamarind tree...
就像,当我在观察那棵罗望子树一样...

...I must have that realisation in myself that I am also watching.
...
我必须要自己意识到,我正在观察它。

K: Yes, that's right. You are watching yourself.
克:是的,非常对。你在观察你自己。

I am watching those trees and I am also watching myself.
我在观察那些树的同时,也在观察我自己。

I am watching what I am saying...
我在观察我所讲的话...

...whether I tell the truth or lie...
...
不管我所讲的是真话还是假话...

...I am watching my various annoyance...
...
我在观察我各种各样的烦恼...

...anger, jealousy, fear, I am aware of all that.
...
愤怒,嫉妒,恐惧,我能意识到那所有的一切。

You understand? As I am aware of those flowers...
你们明白吗?就像我能意识到那些鲜花一样...

...I am aware also of myself.
...
我同样也能意识到我自己。

Right? It is much more fun watching yourself...
是吗?观察自己是更加有乐趣的一件事...

...because you are changing, you are different.
...
因为你在发生改变,你是不同的。

One morning you are depressed, the next morning you are happy...
一天早晨你是抑郁的,第二天你是开心的...

...the third morning you are irritated. Right?
...
第三天早晨你是易怒的。是吗?

Will you do all this, or just say, 'Yes, yes', and carry on?
你们会做这些吗,还是仅仅说,“是的,是的”,然后继续以前的生活?

S: I have watched myself. K: Will you do it?
学:我已经观察了我自己。克:你会那样做吗?

S: Yes.
学:是的。

K: Promise? S: Yes, I will do it.
克:你承诺吗?学:是的,我会那样做的。

S: No. I will try.
学:我不能承诺。我会努力地。

K: You promise? Careful!
克:你能承诺吗?请当心!

S: I think I will do it, sir. K: Not, 'you think you will do it'.
学:我想我会那样做的,先生。克:不是,“你想你会那样做的”。

But do you promise to do it every day?
而是你可以承诺你每一天都会那样做吗?

That means you must keep it. Don't promise now.
那就意味着你必须信守这样的承诺。不要现在承诺。

S: I'll try to do it. K: No, don't try.
学:我会试着那样做的。克:不,不要只是试。

Either do it, or don't do it.
或者是去做,或者就是不去那样做。

S: But I want to do it. K: Then do it.
学:但是我想那样做。克:那么请你去做。

You see, just listen, if you do that you become extraordinarily alive...
你知道,听我说,如果你那样做,你将变得格外的有生命力...

...your brain becomes extraordinary, so sensitive.
...
你的头脑变得非凡无比,非常的敏感。

Right? S: Yes, sir.
是吗?学:是的,先生。

K: You are not sensitive.
克:你现在并不敏感。

You are very young, you are not sensitive.
你非常年轻,但是不敏感。

S: Sometimes when I am thinking of something...
学:有时候当我在思考一些事情的时候...

...I don't realise I am thinking, I am so caught up in that thinking.
...
我没有意识到我正在思考,我是如此之深地陷入思索中。

Whereas sometimes, suppose I am watching a tree...
然而有时,假设我正在观察一棵树...

...I know that I am watching a tree.
...
我知道我在观察一棵树。

I am aware that I am watching a tree...
我能意识到我正在观察一棵树...

...and I am watching it at the same time.
...
同时我也在观察它。

Whereas sometimes I am thinking, I don't realise that I am thinking.
然而有时,我正在思考但是却意识不到我正在思考。

So I am not watching myself at that time.
所以那个时候我并非在观察自己。

K: Wait, wait. Realise that you are thinking.
克:等一下,等一下。请意识到你正在思考。

Watch your thinking.
观察你的思想。

Why you think, what makes you think that way...
你为何思考,是什么令你以那样的方式思考...

...watch it, watch everything that you are doing.
...
观察它,观察你正在做的每一件事。

S: Sir, but sometimes I am so caught up in that thinking.
学:先生,但是有时我被思想完全奴役了。

K: Just listen carefully. Now listen.
克:用心地听我说。现在听。

We are talking to each other, aren't we, so we are thinking too.
我们正在交谈,是吗,所以我们也是在思考。

Right? And we may think silently and put it into words.
是吗?我们可能会沉默地思考然后将它诉诸语言。

Right? That is what we are doing now. You think and you put it into words.
是吗?这就是我们正在做的事情。你思考然后将它诉诸语言。

And you want to tell me something...
并且你想告诉我一些什么...

...so I am very careful to convey what I want to say to you.
...
所以我会非常小心地传达我想要对你说的事情。

S: Sir, but sometimes you don't think and then put it into words...
学:先生,但是有时你并没有思考,却说出了那些话...

...the words come. K: Yes. Why is that?
...
话自然就到嘴边了。克:是的。那是为什么呢?

S: Sir, doesn't it become mechanical again?
学:先生,难道那不是也变得机械化吗?

K: That's just what I am telling you, don't become mechanical.
克:你正是我要对你们讲的,不要变得机械化。

Don't become mechanical.
请不要变得机械化。

You have got glasses, right?
你戴眼镜,是吗?

Find out if you can do without glasses.
去探索下,你是否可以不戴它。

S: I can't. K: Don't say, you can't.
学:我不能。克:不要说,你不能。

S: I can't see anything without my glasses.
学:没有眼镜,我什么也看不见。

K: Find out, old girl!
克:去探索,孩子。

I am supposed to be 90 - I don't have glasses.
我已经要90岁了,--我不需要眼镜。

Do you know why?
你知道为什么吗?

S: Because you can do without them.
学:因为你不戴眼镜能看得见。

K: You are nuts!
克:你个小傻瓜!

S: Sir, but then she knows she can't do without them...
学:先生,但是她知道没有眼镜她看不清...

...she has tried it all before.
...
她以前就尝试过了。

S: Yes, that's why I got glasses.
学:是的,那就是我为什么戴着眼镜。

K: Find out if you can see clearly without glasses.
克:探索一下你不戴眼镜是否能看得很清晰。

If you can't then find out if you can do eye exercises.
如果你没办法看清,探索一下你是否可以去做一做眼保健操。

S: I am doing that. K: That may improve it.
学:我在做着呢。克:那可能会提高你的视力。

But if you keep on saying, 'I must have glasses, I must have glasses'.
但是如果你一直说,“我必须戴眼镜,我必须戴眼镜。”

S: No, I don't do that.
学:不,我不会那样的。

K: But you are doing it, you say, 'I can't see without glasses'.
克:但是你是那样的,你说,“没有眼镜我看不到东西。”

S: That's because it is a fact...
学:那是因为那是事实...

...but I am doing exercises to see without glasses.
...
但是我在做眼睛的锻炼,以便以后不用眼镜也能看到。

K: So remove your glasses and make an effort.
克:那么把眼镜摘掉,好好努力恢复它。

S: One question, sir. You asked us to start learning and stop memorising.
学:我有一个问题,先生。你让我们开始学习,停止记忆。

K: Memorising, as I explained to you, old boy...
克:记忆,像我解释过的,孩子...

...listen carefully - memorising becomes mechanical.
...
用心地听--记忆会变成机械化的活动。

Right? S: Yes, sir.
是吗?学:是的,先生。

K: The brain that is inside the skull is always recording.
克:我们头颅里的大脑永远在记录。

S: Yes, sir. K: I say, that is yellow...
学:是的,先生。克:我说,那是黄色的...

...that's green. Right? Those are trousers.
...
那个是绿色的。是吗?那些是裤子。

It is recording. Right? S: Yes, sir.
这就是记录。对吗?学:是的,先生。

K: That recording becomes mechanical. S: Yes, sir.
克:那样的记录变成机械化的活动。学:是的,先生。

K: And then being mechanical your whole life becomes mechanical.
克:并且当你的头脑变得机械化,你的整个人生都变得机械化。

S: Sir, but isn't it a fact that...
学:先生,但是难道那不是事实吗...

K: Wait, darling, I haven't finished with this chap.
克:等一下,亲爱的,我还没有和这个小伙子说完。

You jump on me before I have finished. Right?
我还没有说完你就向我提出了问题。是吗?

Ask your question afterwards. Remember your question.
等一下再向我提问。记住你的问题。

You understand?
明白吗?

If I all the time am recording...
如果我随时都在记录...

...green, white, purple, yellow...
...
绿色的,白色的,紫色的,黄色的...

...or he is my friend, he is not my friend, it is like a gramophone.
...
或者他是我的朋友,他不是我的朋友,那就像一部留声机。

S: Yes, sir. K: Right?
学:是的,先生。克:对吗?

So memorising is not learning.
所以记忆不是学习。

Learning is all the time something new.
学习永远都是全新的。

S: Like when you are studying something.
学:就像你正在研习一些东西的时候。

K: You have to learn that. You have to study it.
克:你必须要去学习它。你必须要去研究它。

S: We have to memorise then. K: Wait a minute.
学:那么我们必须要记忆。克:等一下。

I am your teacher. And I want to teach you history.
我是你的老师。并且我想教你历史。

Right? S: Yes.
是吗?学:是的。

K: I want to teach you history. You must know all the kings...
克:我想教你历史。你必须知道所有的国王...

...and all the rest of all that silly rot.
...
还有其它的那些所有愚蠢腐朽的事情。

Right? S: Yes, sir.
是吗?学:是的,先生。

K: It is silly rot.
克:都是些愚蠢腐朽的事情。

You must know who was the king of India...
你必须知道谁是印度当时的国王...

...in the 15th century and so on and so on. Right?
...
在十五世纪的时候等等的一切。是吗?

S: Why do you call it silly rot? K: It is silly.
学:你为什么称那些为愚蠢腐朽的事情?克:那是愚蠢的事情。

At the end of it it doesn't affect your life at all, does it?
那些事情最终对你的人生完全没有影响,不是吗?

S: But if you want to become something, or do a course.
学:但是如果你想有所成就,或者完成一门功课。

K: That's it, you memorise in order to become a professor.
克:就是那样,你记忆以便将来成为一名教授。

S: Yes, sir. K: Yes, sir.
学:是的,先生。克:是的,先生。

You memorise in order to get more money.
你记忆以便将来挣到更多的钱。

S: Get what? K: Money, better job.
学:挣到什么?克:金钱,更好的工作。

S: Not necessarily, sir. K: Ah, yes, sir.
学:不一定,先生。克:哈,是的,先生。

If you don't have good memory you won't have a good job.
如果你的记忆力不好,你就不会找到好的工作。

Have you watched the carpenters?
你曾经观察过木匠吗?

Those people who build beautiful furniture? I have.
那些造出了美丽的家具的人?我曾经观察过他们。

They must know the quality of the wood. Right?
他们必须了解木头的质地。是吗?

The quality of grain and so on, and the instrument they use.
以及木质的的纹理等等,还有他们使用的工具。

They are very careful, so they memorise...
他们非常地用心,所以他们记忆...

...they become an apprentice first from another carpenter...
...
他们师从于另外的一个木匠,然后成为一名学徒...

...they learn by that, memorise, and then they become good carpenters.
...
他们从中学习,记忆,然后成为一名出色的木匠。

Right?
是吗?

Now I want to teach you history - just listen quietly, will you?
现在我想教你们历史--请安静地听我说,好吗?

Will you listen, or you are off somewhere else?
你愿意听吗,还是你已经走神到其他事情上去了?

S: I am listening, yes. K: Good.
学:我正在听,是的。克:好的。

I want to teach you history.
我想教你们历史。

History means story. Right?
历史就是故事。对吗?

It is a story of all the past kings, past queens, all the wars, etc.
历史是过往所有那些国王,王后和战争,等等。

Right? S: Right, sir.
是吗?学:是的,先生。

K: And also story means story about yourself.
克:并且,故事也意味着关于你自身的故事。

S: Yes, sir. K: Right?
学:是的,先生。克:是吗?

K: Story about what is happening in the world...
克:关于这个世界上正在发生着的故事...

...and story also about yourself.
...
还有关于你自身的故事。

You are a much more interesting story...
你是一个更加有趣的故事...

...than the story of all the kings.
...
比那些国王们的故事有趣多了。

S: I agree, sir. K: Agree? Right, sir.
学:我同意,先生。克:同意吗?好的,先生。

So, I am going to talk about not only the history according to the books...
所以,我要告诉你们,不仅仅是来自于书本上的历史...

...but also I am going to talk to you about the story of yourself.
...
而且你们要来谈谈关于你们自身的故事。

S: But that is not what we do in class.
学:但是我们在课堂上做的不是这样的事情。

K: I know they don't.
克:我知道他们不教你们这些。

I said, if I was your teacher I would do that.
我是说,假如我是你们的老师,我会那样教。

You understand? S: Yes, sir.
明白吗?学:是的,先生。

K: I would combine both - the book and also about yourself.
克:我将会将两者结合--书本上的以及关于你自己的故事。

S: That is a very far possibility of your ever being a teacher.
学:您成为一名老师几乎是没有可能的。

K: Slowly, slowly. What?
克:慢一点,慢一点。你说什么?

S: Sir, you couldn't ever be a teacher.
学:先生,您永远都不会成为一名老师的。

K: Why not? S: Not on a subject as such.
克:为什么不会?学:不会成为一名这种科目的老师。

K: Ah, I said I would combine both.
克:啊,我是说,如果那样,我将会将两者结合。

I would combine the book. Right?
我将会结合书本。是吗?

And also I would combine the history about oneself.
并且我也将结合一个人自身的历史。

The history about oneself is the history of all mankind. Right?
关于一个人的历史也是全人类的历史。对吗?

S: So the history of all mankind is the history of oneself.
学:那么全人类的历史就是一个人自身的历史。

K: Which is yourself. S: So if you study...
克:也就是你自己...学:所以如果你研究...

...the whole of mankind we are studying ourselves.
...
全人类,我们就是在研究我们自己。

K: That's right.
克:是这样的。

S: So then we are studying the whole of mankind.
学:那么我们就是在研究人类的整体。

K: You are not listening to what I am saying, old boy.
克:你没在听我所说的话,孩子。

I am saying, telling you, if I was a teacher of history...
我在说,我正在告诉你,如果我是你们的历史老师...

...the meaning of history from Latin is 'storia' - storia means history.
...
历史在拉丁语里的意思是“故事”--“故事”意味着历史。

In Italian it is called storia, it comes from Latin and so on.
在意大利语里,它叫做故事,那来自于拉丁语,等等。

Now, I am going to talk about what?
那么,我们来谈些什么呢?

Who is your king in the 15th century?
谁是你们十五世纪时的国王?

Who is your king in the 15th century?
谁是你们十五世纪时的国王?

S: There are so many kings, sir. K: So many of them, quite right.
学:那时有很多个国王,先生。克:很多个国王,太对了。

Give me one of their names. Come on, somebody there.
告诉我其中的一个名字。快点,有人知道吗。

S: Babur. K: Barber?
学:巴布尔。克:巴伯(英文义为理发师)?

S: No, B-a-b-u-r. K: I thought you said a barber!
学:不是,B-a-b-u-r.克:我还以为你说国王是个理发师!

I know, that's a joke.
我知道,那只是开玩笑。

So, I would teach you, I would say...
那么,我将要教你,我会说...

...Babur was the father of Humayun, right?
...
巴布尔是汗马勇的父亲,对吗?

And Humayun's son was Akbar - right?
并且汗马勇的儿子是阿克巴尔--是吗?

So I would go into all that. Right?
所以我会深入所有的那些。是吗?

And also I would say, what about you...
而且我还会说,你呢...

...you are also story, you are a great story, much greater than Akbar.
...
你也有故事,你是一个非常了不起的故事,比阿克巴尔要伟大多了。

Right? S: Yes, sir.
对吗?学:是的,先生。

K: So, I would talk to you about yourself.
克:所以,我会和你讨论关于你的故事。

I would say, what are you?
我会说,你是什么?

You have a book about yourself inside you.
你的内在有一本关于你自己的书。

Learn to read that book, you understand?
学习如何去阅读那本书,明白吗?

S: Yes, sir.
学:是的,先生。

K: Are you sure you understand what I am saying? Don't say, 'Yes, sir'.
克:你确定你明白我所讲的吗?不要说,“是的,先生”。

I am saying, 'The book about Akbar...
我在说,“关于阿克巴尔的书...

...there are many volumes that have been written about Akbar.
...
人们已经写了很多卷关于阿克巴尔的书。

And there is a volume also in yourself, what you are'.
但是你的内在也有一本关于你自己的书,关于你是什么的书”。

S: So you said that...
学:所以你说那...

K: Are you listening to what I am saying?
克:你在倾听我所说的话吗?

S: Yes. K: There is a book...
学:是的。克:你的内在有一本书...

...inside you which you must learn to read.
...
你必须学会去阅读它。

But you neglect to read that book.
但是你却忽视它,不愿意去读。

So I am going to see that you learn to read that book...
所以我要确定你学会去阅读那本书...

...not only the book of Akbar, but the book about yourself.
...
不但要读阿克巴尔的书,而且要阅读关于你自身的书。

So I am going to go into that. I would teach you that way.
所以我要深入地讲这件事。我会那样来教你。

That is a most marvellous way to learn...
那是一种最不同凡响的学习...

...not only what is happening in the world outside you...
...
不但学习你之外的世界在发生什么事情...

...but the extraordinary book that you have inside you...
...
也要学习你内在那本不同寻常的书...

...the book that is the rest of mankind...
...
那本书也是全人类之书...

...not just Indian history.
...
不要仅仅是学习印度的历史。

S: Sir, then why doesn't it happen?
学:先生,那么为什么我们的课堂上没有这样的教学?

K: Because your teachers don't do this.
克:因为你们的老师没有这样做。

S: Sir, but you are President of the Foundation...
学:先生,但是你是基金会的主席...

K: What? Say it, sir! Good.
克:什么?说吧,先生!好的。

S: Sir, but you are President of the Foundation...
学:先生,但是你是基金会的主席...

...why don't you do something?
...
你为什么不做点什么呢?

K: I am the President of the Foundation, he says...
克:我是基金会的主席,他说...

...why don't I do something about it.
...
为什么我没有做点什么。

You are quite right, sir. But they won't listen.
你说的非常对,先生。但是他们不会听我的。

Wait, they won't listen.
等一下,他们不会听我的。

S: But they are like us. K: Quite right.
学:但是他们和我们是一样的。克:非常对。

S: Probably they... K: Quite right! Just listen carefully.
学:可能他们...克:非常对!请用心地听我说。

The teachers are like you, only much more grown up. Right?
教师们和你们一样,只是比你们年长而已。对吗?

I am not insulting them. You understand?
我不是在侮辱他们。你们明白吗?

I am very polite, respectful...
我非常有礼,我尊重他们...

...I respect people, I don't insult them.
...
我尊重人,我不会侮辱他们。

They are like you, so learn from each other.
他们和你们一样,所以你们要互相学习。

You understand?
你们明白吗?

I am learning now from you...
我现在正在向你学习...

...why you say things and don't mean it.
...
为什么你们说一些言不由衷的话。

Do you understand? S: Yes, sir.
你们明白吗?学:是的,先生。

K: Why you say, 'Yes, sir, yes, sir', and don't mean it at all.
克:为什么你说,“是的,先生,是的,先生”,心里却完全不是认真的。

S: Yes, I do mean it. K: That means you live it.
学:是的,我确实是认真的。克:那就意味着你要按照它去生活。

S: My 'yes' meant that I understand it.
学:我的“是的”的意思是我理解您所说的。

K: First understand but live it.
克:首先理解它,但是更重要是要那样去生活。

Right? S: So I don't have that kind of...
是吗?学:所以我们有那样的...

K: Listen, old boy, don't say anything in your life if you don't live it.
克:听我说,孩子,在你的人生当中,如果你没有照那样去生活,就不要那样说。

If you don't live it you become a hypocrite. Right?
如果你没有那样去生活,你就变成了一个伪君子。是吗?

Say one thing and do something else, that is hypocrisy. Right?
说一套,做一套,那是伪君子的行径。对吗?

S: Sir, I am not saying anything...
学:先生,我什么也没说...

...I am saying I understand what you are saying.
...
我是说,我理解了您所说的话。

K: I've said to you, understand what I am saying...
克:我已经对你说了,理解我所说的话...

...I said, don't say anything that you don't mean.
...
我说,如果你不是认真的,就什么也不要说。

If you mean it, say something, and if it is right, be honest.
如果你是认真的,那就说出来,并且如果的确是那样的,请你要诚实面对。

If you say, 'I lie', say, 'I lied, sir'.
如果你说,“我撒谎",请说,“先生,我撒谎了”。

That's honesty. Right?
那就是诚实。是吗?

If you are angry, 'Yes, I am angry', don't pretend.
如果你生气了,“是的,我生气了”,不要伪装。

Grown-ups do.
成年人会伪装。

That is the only difference.
那就是唯一的分别。

S: Everyone is different. Right? No one can be the same.
学:每个人都是不同的。是吗?没有两个人是完全一样的。

K: Yes, sir.
克:是的,先生。

S: I mean I tell everyone honestly like I am angry...
学:我的意思是,我诚实地告诉每一个人,我生气了...

...I am this, everyone isn't going to say that they are angry also.
...
我是这样做了,但是不是每个人也会说他们生气了。

K: What?
克:什么?

S: I can put up a little fight with someone...
学:我可能和某人发生了一点小冲突...

K: Why do you have a fight with someone?
克:你为什么要和某人发生冲突?

S: Because he... K: Hey!
学:因为他...克:嗨!

Why do you have a fight with someone?
你为什么要和某人发生冲突?

S: Because we have come to a disagreement about something.
学:因为我们对一些事情有不同的看法。

K: Why do you have disagreement?
克:你们为什么会有不同看法?

Learn, don't say, 'I have disagreement' and fight him.
请学习,不要说,“我们想法不同”然后和他发生冲突。

Learn!
请学习!

If you fight now...
如果你们现在冲突...

...when you grow up also you will fight, that becomes violence.
...
等你们长大了,你们也会冲突,那就是暴力。

You know, all over the world violence is spreading...
你们知道,全世界暴力都在蔓延...

...you know that, don't you?
...
你们都知道,是吗?

They are killing each other, wars, terrorists, you know.
人们彼此杀戮,战争,恐怖分子,你们都知道的。

You understand? They are killing each other...
你们明白吗?他们在彼此杀戮...

...that is tremendous violence in the world.
...
在世界上存在着巨大的暴力。

So don't be violent, don't get angry.
所以不要变得暴力,不要生气。

When you get angry say, 'I am angry, I apologise', don't fight.
当你生气的时候说,“我生气了,我道歉”,不要发生冲突。

S: (Inaudible)
学:(无法听清的)

S: He said if you don't fight somebody...
学:他说如果你不和别人发生冲突...

...they can take advantage of you and they can bash you up.
...
他们就会占你的便宜或者他们会狠狠地攻击你。

K: Perhaps not.
克:或许不会那样。

If I don't get angry with the man...
如果我不和那个人生气...

...who wants to get angry, he might quieten down.
...
那个想要生气的人,他或许会安静下来。

S: Might. K: Might, I said, might.
学:可能。克:可能,我是说,可能。

S: But then... K: Wait, wait.
学:但是然后...克:等一下,等一下。

S: But suppose the other person is going to hit me...
学:但是假设那个人想要打我...

...and suppose I am not angry with her.
...
假设我不和她生气。

K: If I don't react, you understand?
克:如果我不作出反应,你明白吗?

You are angry with me - right?
你对我很生气--是吗?

Suppose you are angry with me, I won't react to you...
假设你对我很生气,我却不对此作出反应...

...I won't get angry, I won't hit you back, see what happens.
...
我不会生气,我不还手,看一看,会发生什么。

S: Sir, sometimes it might aggravate the person.
学:先生,有时候那是助长那个人的威风。

K: Not 'sometimes'.
克:不是“有时候”。

See what happens if you get angry with me...
去了解究竟会发生什么事情如果你和我生气...

...and I don't get angry with you in return, something happens between us.
...
相反的,我却不和你生气,我们之间就会发生一些事情。

Right?
是吗?

If you call me a fool...
如果你叫我傻瓜...

...I don't react by calling you another fool.
...
我却不做反应,不把你叫作傻瓜。

Right? I don't react, I keep quiet.
是吗?我不作出反应,我保持静默。

So my keeping quiet affects you...
所以我的静默影响到了你...

...not always because people are not gentle enough.
...
不是总是那样因为人们现在是不够温和的。

So you learn.
所以你要来学习。

My god!
天哪!

I wanted to talk about something totally different from all this.
我本来想要谈的是和这完全不同的东西。

S: Sir, I don't understand where all this is leading us.
学:先生,我不明白,您所说的所有这些会把我们引向何处。

K: You don't understand - she has asked a question.
克:你不明白--她问了我一个问题。

She says, 'I don't know where you are leading us'.
她说,“我不知道你要把我们引向何处”。

I am not leading you anywhere.
我不是在把你们引向任何地方。

S: What are we talking about?
学:那么我们在谈论些什么呢?

K: What I am talking about is - learn to watch...
克:我在谈的是关于--学习去观察...

...which is one of the most difficult things to do.
...
那是最难实践的事情之一。

Learn to listen, and learn to find out the way of living...
学习去倾听,学习去发现生活的方式...

...not just repeat, repeat.
...
而不是仅仅重复再重复。

Right?
对吗?

That's what I am saying this morning - don't become mechanical.
那就是我今天早晨所讲的内容--不要变得机械化。

S: Sir, you said you wanted to talk about something different.
学:先生,您说您本来想要谈完全不同的东西。

So why don't you start the topic?
那么您为什么不现在开始那个话题呢?

Why don't you start talking about something?
为什么您不开始谈论那些事情呢?

K: Because, sir, I wanted to find out what you were wanting first.
克:因为,先生,我刚才想要知道,首先你们想要些什么。

Right?
对吗?

I wanted to find out - it's more polite, isn't it...
我刚才想要知道你们的想法--那是更礼貌的方式,对吗...

...to find out what you wanted to talked about?
...
搞清楚你们想要讨论的事情?

S: Well, we want to find out what you want to talk about.
学:嗯,我们想要搞清楚您想要谈论什么事情。

K: Quite right. Now I can talk to you about it. Right?
克:非常好。现在我可以来和你们谈论那些东西了。是吗?

S: Yes, sir. K: First I ask you. Right?
学:是的,先生。克:首先我要问你。好吗?

I serve you tea first, not myself. S: Yes, sir.
我先来为你倒茶,不是给我自己。学:是的,先生。

K: In the same way I ask you first what you would like to talk about...
克:同样的,我首先问你,你想谈论的内容...

...and you jump, and say all kinds of things.
...
你就跳出来,并且说了各种各样的事情。

After you have finished if there is time...
当你们结束提问后,如果还有时间...

...I will talk about what I want to talk about. Right?
...
我回来讨论我想要说的内容。对吗?

S: What do you want to talk about?
学:您想要谈论些什么呢?

K: What I wanted to talk about this morning, if I remember rightly was...
克:今天早晨我本想谈论的是,如果我记得没错的话...

...are you sensitive? S: To what?
...
你们是敏感的吗?学:对什么敏感?

K: Sensitive.
克:敏感。

You see, your immediate answer is, 'to what'?
你们看,你马上就回答说,“对什么敏感”?

I am not talking about 'what'.
我不是在问“对什么敏感”的问题。

But in yourself are you sensitive?
而是在你的内在你是敏感的吗?

You know what it means to be sensitive?
你们知道什么是敏感吗?

S: To feel. K: To feel.
学:去感觉。克:去感觉。

S: Alert. K: Alert.
学:警觉的。克:警觉的。

S: Understand. K: No.
学:理解。克:不。

K: You are sensitive to those flowers, aren't you?
克:你们对那些鲜花很敏感,是吗?

Are you sensitive to people?
你们对人们敏感吗?

S: People...?
学:人们...?

K: All around, these boys and girls, grown-up people, are you sensitive...
克:周围所有的人,男孩们女孩们,成年人,你敏感吗...

...to see what they are feeling...
...
能够了解他们正在感受的吗...

...how they look, what they do, sensitive.
...
他们的外貌,他们所做的事情,敏感。

S: Sir, only to people who are around me most of the time.
学:是的,先生,大部分时间,我仅仅是对我周围的人敏感。

K: Yes. Not even that.
克:是的。甚至对他们你也不敏感。

S: Not all the time. K: No.
学:不是任何时候。克:不是。

So, are you sensitive? You say, 'Occasionally I am sensitive'.
那么,你是敏感的吗?你说,“有时候我是敏感的”。

That's not good enough. It's like having a bad potato.
那还不够好。那就像吃到了一口坏土豆。

So I was going to talk about sensitivity.
所以我本来打算讨论敏感的问题。

Then I was going to talk about...
接着我还打算讨论...

...what is your relationship - you understand the word?
...
什么是你们的关系--你们理解这个词吗?

...what is your relationship to what is happening in the world?
...
你们和这个世界上正在发生的事情的关系是什么?

You understand what I am asking? Your relationship.
你们理解我所问的问题吗?你们的关系。

You are related to your father and mother. Right?
你们和你们的父母有关系。对吗?

Are you related in some way to the rest of the world...
你们和世界上的其他人有关系吗...

...to what is happening in the world?
...
和世界上正在发生的事情有关系吗?

S: Yes. K: Wait, wait, listen to me.
学:是的。克:等一下,等一下,听我说。

2500 people were killed in Bhopal, and hundreds of thousands...
2500
人在波帕尔(中印城市)被杀害了,还有无数的人...

...of people hurt, what do you feel about that?
...
受伤了,你们对此的感受是什么?

S: I feel sad. K: You feel sad, then what?
学:我感到悲伤。克:你感到悲伤,然后呢?

S: You feel that carelessness takes place everywhere.
学:你觉得人们的无动于衷随处可见。

Just due to a small leak, sheer carelessness.
仅仅从很小的事情上,就能看出人们完全是无动于衷的。

K: So are you - listen carefully what I am asking...
克:你也是一样的--用心听我所问的问题...

...are you sensitive to other people's suffering?
...
你对其他人的痛苦是敏感的吗?

S: No, sir.
学:不是,先生。

K: Wait, I have asked you a question.
克:等一下,我已经问了你一个问题。

Are you sensitive to other people's suffering?
你对其他人的痛苦是敏感的吗?

S: Sir, quite often I am the one who inflicts the suffering.
学:先生,通常来说我就是那个造成痛苦的人。

K: You are being very clever, old boy.
克:你非常的聪明,孩子。

I am asking you a question, you are also asking something else.
我正在问你一个问题,你同时也在问一些其它的事情。

I am asking you - I am as clever as you are - I am asking you...
我在问你--我和你一样聪明--我在问你...

...are you sensitive to other people's suffering, strangers?
...
你对他人的痛苦敏感吗,你对陌生人的痛苦敏感吗?

S: Not as much as others. K: You are not. That's it.
学:我和其他人差不多。克:你不敏感。就是这样。

You are not. Why?
你不敏感。为什么?

You know, yesterday, the day before yesterday I was walking down there...
你们知道,昨天,前天我正走在那边的路上...

...there were two girls, blue with white stripes, students, I believe.
...
那里有两个女孩子,穿着蓝白条的衣服,我想她们是学生。

They walk six miles that way, six miles that way, twelve miles a day.
她们要那样走六英里,那样走六英里,一天中要走十二英里。

Are you sensitive to how they feel about walking all day?
你们敏感吗,知道她们那样行走的感受吗?

S: No sir, because it doesn't affect me.
学:不先生,因为那些对我没有影响。

It doesn't affect my life. K: Quite right.
对我的生活没有影响。克:非常对。

So, you are not sensitive to others. S: Only myself.
所以,你对他人并不敏感。学:只对我自己敏感。

K: You are selfish. S: Sir, quite often you are sensitive.
克:你是自私的。学:是的,你经常是敏感的。

You feel sorry for a person, like when people died in Bhopal.
你同情一个人,就像你同情那些死在波帕尔的人。

K: I said to you, look, don't be clever with me.
克:我对你说,看,不要自作聪明。

Are you aware of those boys and girls...
你能意识到那些男孩和女孩的存在吗...

...walking twelve miles a day...
...
他们一天要走十二英里...

...not having enough food, they are suffering...
...
没有足够的食物吃,他们生活在痛苦中...

...how do you feel about all that?
...
你对这一切是什么感觉?

You don't care? S: I do care.
你不在乎吗?学:我非常在乎。

K: Then what do you do?
克:那么你要做些什么?

S: What can I do, sir?
学:我能做什么呢,先生?

K: You can't do very much, but you can tell Mrs Thomas and Mrs Radhikaji...
克:你没有很多可以做的事情,但是你可以告诉托马斯夫人和瑞迪卡吉夫人...

...say, 'Look, let's find out how we can help them, let's find out...
...
说,“听我说,让我们来看一下我们如何可以帮到他们,让我们来...

...a bus for them, so that they can go there and come back'.
...
找一辆巴士,那么他们就可以乘车来去了。

You work for it, you do something, you don't say, 'Yes'.
你想办法,你有所作为,而不是说,”是的“。

Right? Right?
对吗?对吗?

Will you do it? S: Sir...
你能那样做吗?学:先生...

K: Wait a minute, I am asking.
克:等一下,我在问你。

Will you go to Mrs Thomas and Radhikaji...
你会去找托马斯夫人和瑞迪卡吉吗...

...and say, please, sirs, or ladies, we must do something about it.
...
和她们说,请你们,先生们,或者女士们,我们必须要想想办法。

Will you? Hey, will you?
你会那样做吗?嗨,你会吗?

Or you don't care? S: I do care, sir.
还是你不在乎?学:我非常在乎,先生。

K: Then go to them, as I am going to them.
克:那么去找他们,就像我会去找他们一样。

I want to have a bus for those children.
我想为那些孩子找一辆巴士。

I would pick them up and drive them there...
我想用车去接他们,然后在把他们送到那里...

...or have a school for them all here, out there - not just out there!
...
或者在这里为他们所有人办个学校,就办在外面那里--不仅仅是那里!

I am working, I am going to talk...
我在想办法,我要和人们谈一谈这件事...

...I am going to raise trouble if they don't do it.
...
如果他们不那样做,我会找麻烦的。

S: So you can, sir. K: You do it, you help me to do it...
学:那么你能做到,先生。克:你要做,你来帮助我那样做...

...will you? S: If you tell me, I will.
...
好吗?学:如果你让我那样做,我会的。

K: I won't tell you, you go and do it.
克:不会让你做什么,你自己去和他们说。

That's where your independence is.
那是你的独立自主所在。

So, I want to talk to you about sensitivity...
所以,我想和你们谈敏感的问题...

...I want to talk to you about your relationship to the world.
...
我想和你们谈你们和世界的关系。

You are growing up, you are going to leave this lovely place...
你们在长大,你们会离开这个可爱的地方...

...Rishi Valley, and go to college, university, get married, children...
...
瑞希山谷,去上学院,大学,结婚,生孩子...

...and jobs, and quarrels, and misery, all that...
...
找工作,和人争吵,承受痛苦,所有的那一切...

...which your life is going to be...
...
那就是你的人生中将要发生的事情...

...and what is your relationship to the rest of the world...
...
那么你和世界其他的人们的关系是什么...

...to violence, to politics...
...
你和暴力的关系是什么,和政治的关系是什么...

...to the tremendous corruption in this country?
...
和这个国家里无休止的腐败的关系是什么?

Right?
对吗?

S: Then you would become so selfish if you have all that...
学:如果一个人有那些恶习,就会变得非常自私...

K: You don't get selfish, you are concerned.
克:你不要变得自私,你要去关心那些事情。

You are concerned with this tremendous corruption.
你要去关心那些无休止的腐败。

S: Sir, what can we do about it?
学:先生,我们能做些什么呢?

K: Don't be corrupt. S: Yes, but how...
克:不要变得腐败。学:是的,但是怎么做呢...

K: Wait, you haven't listened, you are too quick.
克:等一下,你没有在听我说。你太快了。

Don't you be corrupt...
不要变得腐败...

...fight for it, stand for something that you think is wrong.
...
和它作斗争,站出来对抗那些你认为是错误的事情。

S: And if someone disagrees fight him?
学:那么如果有人和我意见相左,我和他对抗吗?

K: I meant fight in the sense, you don't get corrupted.
克:我所说的对抗是指,你不要变得腐败。

S: So I don't get corrupted but...
学:那么我不会变得腐败但是...

K: It doesn't matter, leave the others, don't you get corrupted.
克:不要紧,不要管其他的人,你一定不能变得腐败。

S: I do.
学:我不会的。

K: When you grow up, now you can say, 'Yes, I won't get corrupt...
克:当你长大以后,你就可以说,“是的,我不会变得腐败...

...when you grow up and go into business.
...
当你长大进入生意场的时候。

S: It won't be any use if only one person is not corrupt.
学:如果只有一个人不腐败那是没有用的。

K: Begin with yourself first.
克:首先从你自己开始。

S: OK, so you are not corrupt - I am just giving an example...
学:好的,那么你不腐败--我只是举一个例子...

...and you go for a job and there is...
...
你去找一份工作,那里...

...the managing director interviewing you...
...
有个经理在面试你...

...and he directly asks you for a bribe or you don't get the job.
...
他直接向你索要贿赂,否则你就无法得到那份工作。

K: Don't get a job.
克:那么就不要那份工作。

Why don't you stand for something?
你为什么不能站出来支持某一点?

S: Without a job I cannot live. K: Don't live.
学:没有工作我无法生活。克:那就不要生活。

S: Then what is the purpose of coming into the world?
学:那么来到这个世界的目的又是什么呢?

K: Find out. You see, you are all so weak, you give in.
克:你来搞清楚。你看,你们都是这么的软弱,你们总是屈从。

Suppose you say, 'No, sorry, I won't be corrupt', and you collect...
假如你说,”不,抱歉,我不做腐败的事情“,那么你会吸引...

...people around you, you work for it.
...
你身边的人们,你们共同努力。

S: Sir, but if there are only five people around me...
学:先生,但是如果我身边只有五个人...

K: That's good enough. Begin.
克:那就足够了。开始。

S: Sir, suppose there is a person who is incorrupt...
学:先生,假如有一个人他是不腐败的...

...but he is insensitive...
...
但是他却不敏感...

...and everybody around him is insensitive...
...
并且他周围的人都不敏感...

...how will they know what he is trying to do?
...
人们又怎么会知道他想要做些什么呢?

K: I will tell them.
克:我会告诉他们。

I am doing this. Listen to me.
我正是在这样做。听我说。

I am going round the world saying, 'Religions as they are, are rubbish'.
我走遍全世界对人们说,“现在的各种宗教,都是垃圾”。

Right? They don't like it, I don't mind.
是吗?他们不喜欢我所说的话,我不在乎。

If they say to me 'You can't come into this country', I don't mind.
如果他们对我说“你不能到我们的国家来”,我不在乎。

I can always come back to Rishi Valley - if they will allow me.
我总是可以回到瑞希山谷来--如果人们允许我来的话。

I don't mind. But you, people, mind, you are all so frightened.
我不在乎。但是你们,你们这些人,你们都在乎,你们都非常的害怕。

S: Sir, but we don't have anything else to do, if we go for a job...
学:先生,但是我们没有什么其它可做的事情,如果我们去找工作...

...and don't get it then we don't have anything else to do.
...
却没有找到,那么我们就没有什么可做的事情了。

K: If you don't get a job...
克:如果你们找不到工作...

S: You don't want to be corrupt and you don't want to accept the bribe...
学:你不想变得腐败,你不想接受贿赂...

...then you don't get the job, then what can you do after that?
...
那么你就找不到工作,然后你又能做些什么呢?

K: Become a gardener.
克:成为一名园丁。

What is wrong with becoming a gardener...
成为一名园丁有什么不好...

...what is wrong with being poor?
...
做穷人有什么不好?

Educatedly poor - what's wrong?
作个有教养的穷人--那有什么错?

S: How do you live?
学:你如何生存?

S: What is the use of this education? K: What is the use of this education?
学:你受的教育有什么用?克:你受的教育有什么用?

Probably none at all.
或许什么用也没有。

S: Being literate you can't go for gardening.
学:有文化的人不能去作园丁。

K: Then you do something literate.
克:那么你做些有文化的事情。

You, people, never - you are all so...
你们,你们这些人,从来都不--你们都是如此的...

...I won't use certain words - you are all so mediocre.
...
我不想用某些词--你们都是如此的平庸。

That's what I am objecting to. S: What does that mean?
那正是我所反对的。学:那是什么意思?

K: Mediocre means - in the English language...
克:平庸的意思是--在英语里...

...mediocre means 'going up the hill half way...
...
平庸指“爬山爬到一半...

...never going to the top of it'.
...
永远都无法上到山顶”。

You understand that? Don't become a mediocre.
你们明白吗?不要变得平庸。

S: Why have we given such positions to people, like a gardener...
学:我们为什么给人们那些职位,就像园丁...

...we say that he is something different from us, and none of us...
...
我们会说园丁是和我们不同的,并且我们所有的人都不想...

...want to become gardeners because it will be something...
...
成为园丁,因为那是一种...

K: Because, I don't mind being a gardener...
克:因为,我不介意成为一名园丁...

...I don't care what people think...
...
我不在乎人们怎么想...

...whether I am a minister or somebody, I don't care.
...
不管我是个首相或其他的什么人,我不在乎。

I do what I think is right.
我做我认为正确的事情。

S: So if we all do what we think is right...
学:所以如果我们都做我们认为是正确的事情...

K: No, that is very difficult to find out what is right...
克:不,要找出什么是正确的是非常困难的事情...

...not what you think is right - what is right.
...
不是你认为什么是正确的--而是什么是正确的。

That's very difficult.
那是非常困难的事情。

Right? I think this is right - it may be wrong.
是吗?我认为这是正确的--但是那可能是错误的。

S: Everyone around us tells us, 'You must do this because this is right'.
学:我们周围的每个人都对我们说,“你必须这么做,因为这是正确的”。

K: That is just tradition, that is the authority.
克:那正是传统,那是权威的问题。

I want to find out what is right - don't you?
我想要搞清楚什么是正确的--你们不想吗?

How will you find out? S: Sir, won't that be an opinion.
你如何来搞清楚?学:先生,难道那不是某种想法吗.

Because right for one person can be wrong for another.
因为对一个人来说是正确的事情,对另外一个人可能是错误的。

K: I said to you, old boy, you didn't listen, you didn't listen.
克:我对你说过了,孩子,你没有听我说,你没有听。

Everybody thinks he is right in his own way. Right?
每个人都认为自己是正确的。对吗?

You think this is right, another thinks that is right, or wrong...
你认为这是正确的,另一个人认为那是正确的,或者错误的...

...but I want to find out what is right - listen carefully...
...
但是我想找出什么是正确的--用心地听我说...

...under all circumstances, under all pressures...
...
无论如何,无论有多大的压力...

...under all what the public says - I want to find out what is right.
...
无论大众怎么说--我想搞清楚什么是正确的。

Don't you?
你们不想吗?

And it is difficult to find out what is right.
但是要搞清楚什么是正确的是十分困难的。

To find out what is right you cannot have opinions...
要搞清楚什么是正确的,你不能有各种想法...

...judgements, convictions.
...
判断和坚定的信念。

Right?
对吗?

So, you perceive what is right when there is freedom...
所以,当自由产生的时候你就能察觉到什么是正确的...

S: Only when you have complete freedom.
学:只有当你有完完全全的自由的时候。

K: Complete freedom, that's right.
克:完完全全的自由,是那样的。

When you have complete freedom then you see what is right.
当你有完全的自由时,你就会知道什么是正确的。

S: Sir, but how do you gain freedom?
学:先生,但是你如何获得自由呢?

K: How do you gain freedom? You don't gain freedom.
克:你如何获得自由?你无法获得自由。

Freedom exists, comes, if you are not attached...
自由存在,出现,如果你不被...

...if you are not self-interested - you understand?
...
利己主义的想法所困--你明白吗?

If you are not selfish. S: Then you are free.
如果你不自私。学:那么你就自由了。

K: Then there is freedom, then what you see then is right.
克:那么自由就产生了,接着你所看到的就是正确的事情。

S: But I can't live alone in the world.
学:但是我无法在世界上孤独的存在。

K: I don't mind living alone in the world.
克:我不介意孤独地活在这个世界上。

S: No, sir. K: You mind it, you are frightened.
学:不,先生。克:你是介意的,你觉得很害怕。

S: So how do you get rid of selfishness?
学:那么您如何去除自私呢?

K: How do you get rid of selfishness?
克:如何去除自私?

Shall I tell you a very simple way?
我可以告诉你一个非常简单的方法吗?

Don't be selfish! S: It is not the same though.
不要自私!学:那和我问的不一样。

K: Just listen, girl. Don't be selfish.
克:听我说,孩子。不要自私。

You know what selfishness is. Don't be.
你知道什么是自私。不要自私。

Don't say, 'I am going to get rid of it', don't be selfish.
不要说,“我要去除自私”,不要自私。

Therefore learn what it means to be selfish, watch.
因此了解什么是自私,观察它。

S: Everything leads to watching. K: Yes, sir.
学:每件事情都着眼于观察。克:是的,先生。

Watching. You learn an infinite lot watching.
去观察。通过观察,你可以学习到无限的东西。

I learn a great deal by watching you walking down the road...
通过观察你从那条路走过来,我学到了很多事情...

...how you walk...
...
你是怎么走的...

...how you talk...
...
你是如何说话的...

...what you say, whether you say exactly what you mean...
...
你说了什么,你是完全说你心中所想呢...

...or trying to double cross - you follow? - double talk.
...
还是想欺骗人--你明白吗?--说一套,做一套。

I learn, I watch.
我学习。我观察。

That's one of the things. First I wanted to find out...
那是我所做的事情之一。首先我想搞清楚...

...if you are sensitive...
...
你们是否敏感...

...then what is your relationship with the world...
...
接着你们和世界的关系是什么...

...then are you different from the world?
...
然后你和世界不同吗?

The world is violent, are you violent?
世界充满暴力,你充满暴力吗?

The world is corrupt, are you corrupt?
世界是腐败的,你腐败吗?

The world is violent, are you violent?
世界充满暴力,你充满暴力吗?

Right?
对吗?

The world is saying, 'I am British, I am French...
世界上的人都在说,“我是英国人,我是法国人...

...I am an Indian, I am a Russian, I am a Muslim'.
...
我是印度人,我是俄罗斯人,我是穆斯林”。

Right? Therefore there is conflict among them.
对吗?因此他们之间产生了冲突。

So I won't be any of them.
所以我不想成为他们任何人中的一员。

S: Sir, the world is also saying, 'I am Ajit, I am Gotlick, I am Gotham'.
学:先生,世上的人也在说,“我是阿吉特人,我是高力克人,我是高汉姆人”。

K: Of course you are Gotham, you are a different name, that is natural.
克:当然你是高汉姆人,你的名字不一样,这很自然。

But don't be nationalistic.
但是不要成为一个国家主义者。

S: Isn't it the same thing, sir, when I say my name is this...
学:难道那不是一样的道理吗,先生,当我说我的名字是这个...

...and I say that this is my country, isn't it the same thing?
...
或者我说这是我的国家,难道那不是一样的吗?

K: Same. Quite right. That is selfish.
克:一样的。非常对。那是自私的。

You identify yourself with something greater...
你从一些伟大的事物里寻找认同...

...but selfishness still remains.
...
但是自私仍然存在。

Now, wait a minute, it is now quarter to two, nearly.
现在,等一下,现在已经是差一刻两点了,差不多。

Right? We have talked an hour and a quarter.
是吗?我们已经讨论了一个小时一刻钟。

They are all getting restless, so let's stop.
他们都已经坐不住了。那么我们结束吧。

Will you sit quietly now for 5 minutes, absolutely quiet?
现在你们能安静地坐5分钟吗,完全安静地坐着?

Don't move, take a comfortable position, then sit very quietly...
不要动,找一个舒适的姿势,然后非常安静地坐着...

...really quietly, don't cough, close your eyes...
...
非常地安静,不要咳嗽,闭上眼睛...

...and see... watch your thinking.
...
然后看...观察你的思想。

All right, sirs.
就这样,先生们。

Thank you for listening to me. Right?
谢谢你们听我的讲话。好吗?

S: Thank you, sir.
学:谢谢您,先生。

K: You're Gotham, are you?
克:你是高汉姆人,是吗?

What's your name? S: Ajit.
你叫什么名字?学:我是阿吉特人。

Being nobody, going nowhere.

返回列表 回复 发帖